Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Verret
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have this situation where I think it's an illegal move , but I just want to confirm:

- I make a press release
- I put my fair tile on the "1 wine expert tile" bonus
- I choose one expert tile on the board with the "Take back one of his barrel" ability
- I use and flip this brand new tile to take back one barrel from a local hangout (WRONG)
- I put that barrel in the Manager Area.

This is illegal because a can play that ability (take back one barrel) only before performing an action or before the fair step (Page 15). Correct ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Steck
United States
Benton
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is correct. You can't use that tile in the middle of an action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Wilson
United States
Montgomery
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you sure, Steve?

I know there has been some rulings on subtle uses of the experts, but I can't remember exactly where it stands. Are you sure you're not thinking about the rule that says you can only use a manager action before or after a quatrel action?

for instance, the tiles that effect a specific action (like the discount on vinyards) are used in the middle of an action.

The answer to the OP might still be "no" but it could be because you place the barrel at the managers at the same time (or before) collecting the bonus from the booth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Steck
United States
Benton
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the Wine Expert Abilities (Z-man English edition, page 15):

Quote:
This Tile can be used before performing an Action, before performing a Bonus Action or before the Fair Step. It allows the Player to take back 1 of his barrels from the Export, Sales, Benefits or Managers Areas. The barrel is returned to the Player's supply, allowing him to reuse it, even immediately.

The tile you mention specifically say it's used during the Vineyard action.

The tile in question cannot be used during an action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Guy
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have a question about Experts at the Fair, also. A friend tells me that you MUST play a Wine Expert related to a given quality (taste, nose, appearance, % alcohol) at the Fair in order to score the column for that quality. That is not my reading at all, but obviously without a ruling it is pretty tough for us to play.

The Press Release section does not mention the Experts at all. It just says to score each column. The Wine Fair Section talks about using the experts. My reading is simply that you keep the experts secret, reveal them, move any columns the Experts modify and then score. He interprets the passage to mean that without an Expert you cannot score a given column/quality.

Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition and Máquina
mbmbmbmbmb
TerrapinStation wrote:
I have a question about Experts at the Fair, also. A friend tells me that you MUST play a Wine Expert related to a given quality (taste, nose, appearance, % alcohol) at the Fair in order to score the column for that quality. That is not my reading at all, but obviously without a ruling it is pretty tough for us to play.

The Press Release section does not mention the Experts at all. It just says to score each column. The Wine Fair Section talks about using the experts. My reading is simply that you keep the experts secret, reveal them, move any columns the Experts modify and then score. He interprets the passage to mean that without an Expert you cannot score a given column/quality.

Any thoughts?

See if you can find your answer here.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/59669/item/1452888#ite...

If not, see point 17.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.