Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Billy the Hut
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Sit beside the breakfast table Think about your troubles Pour yourself a cup of tea Then think about the bubbles
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Go to Google images

2) Type in a search for: completely wrong

3) laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
DCAnderson wrote:
That is eerie. Any clue as to why GIS would single a candidate out with that specific phrase?
Because that was the Romney quote whenever he tried to walk back his "47%" comment?
Mittens wrote:
Well, clearly in a campaign, with hundreds if not thousands of speeches and question-and-answer sessions, now and then you're going to say something that doesn't come out right. In this case, I said something that's just completely wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
DCAnderson wrote:
That is eerie. Any clue as to why GIS would single a candidate out with that specific phrase?

I think it's just a good old fashioned googlebomb.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
DCAnderson wrote:

This was my first result. Not at all suspicious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
jarredscott78 wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
DCAnderson wrote:

This was my first result. Not at all suspicious.

It's not suspicious, it's someone's joke. Used to be you could google "Satan incarnate" or something similar and the first twenty results would be the Microsoft homepage. People do this constantly. It's never that funny, it quickly goes away, and then my mom will e-mail me about it in three weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This one isn't even a proper Googlebomb. The words "completely wrong" were his own words describing his 47% comments, so they were in every single report about him after he said them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DCAnderson wrote:
That's actually kind of cool that he would admit to being 'completely wrong'. I'm used to politicians coming up with some sort of half-assed, backpedaling non-apology when they're say something dumb.

If only Obama and his administration and those tied to it (including Hillary Clinton and Ambassador Rice and Jay Carney) would come out and say they were "completely wrong" when, for two weeks, they blamed the Middle East attacks that led to the death of four Americans on a video that no one watched...

If only...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
DCAnderson wrote:
That's actually kind of cool that he would admit to being 'completely wrong'. I'm used to politicians coming up with some sort of half-assed, backpedaling non-apology when they're say something dumb.

His campaign for a few weeks tried to spin the statement prior to giving up the ghost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.