Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
97 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: CNN can't get much more pro-Obama rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Over the past hour they've done two political pieces. One highlighting all of the questions Romney has yet to answer and one featuring Mayor Marty Booker (D) explaining at length why Obama good/Romney bad. No attempt at balance.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
They just promised to bring on a Republican in an upcoming segment...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
N=2?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:
N=2?

An hour of CNN and seeing nothing but pro-Obama/anti-Romney commentary. I don't think it takes any more than 10 minutes of watching Fox or MSNBC to nail down their biases.

There's an R on now though. Soledad is grilling him while showing negative video clips of Romney. Mayor Booker got nothing even close, just an open forum to monologue without debate.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think CNN is probably more fair when there isn't a POTUS election a few weeks away.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is unconscionable. CNN is in the bag for the Yankees!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jarredscott78 wrote:
Over the past hour they've done two political pieces. One highlighting all of the questions Romney has yet to answer and one featuring Mayor Marty Booker (D) explaining at length why Obama good/Romney bad. No attempt at balance.


Why should there be balance? I'd rather they report what they think is true. Not everything splits evenly between R and D.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Now Axelrod.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jarredscott78 wrote:
One highlighting all of the questions Romney has yet to answer

Were they good questions that you think Romney should/needs to answer, or that the American people should have before election day?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
May the bikini be with you!
badge
I destroy SJWs!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The liberal media chimera again? This is so cliche it is now fucking whining.
6 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tstone wrote:
The liberal media chimera again? This is so cliche it is now fucking whining.

Fallacious
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
May the bikini be with you!
badge
I destroy SJWs!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jarredscott78 wrote:
tstone wrote:
The liberal media chimera again? This is so cliche it is now fucking whining.

Fallacious


The liberal media bullshit? Too right.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tstone wrote:
jarredscott78 wrote:
tstone wrote:
The liberal media chimera again? This is so cliche it is now fucking whining.

Fallacious


The liberal media bullshit? Too right.

HAHAHAHA! You got me!


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There are two good reasons for attacking Romney in an entirely non partisan way.

1)He has said a whole lot of nothing on some important issues, making bold claims with no effort at all to substantiate them. We'll cut taxes, increase spending and balance the budget. WTF? That requires some explaining! but he won't, so, every chance they get the news, you know, people supposed to inform and find things out, put Romney supporters/campaign people to the task of trying to fill in the giant gaps.

2)What he has said just doesn't add up, or contradicts what he has said in the past. This happens with all Politicians, but Romney has taken it to an art form. He's pro business, no he's pro middle class. No he's pro choice, no he's pro life, no j/k lol he's Pro-choice again, no wait, he's pro life, but he won't touch Roe vs. Wade.

So, it can have a distinct appearance of 'attack' when one side is constantly drilled, But when it's simply to get them to answer something... anything... then claiming it's an 'attack' or 'partisan' is like claiming those Repo guys are being mean just because you didn't pay.

16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
There are two good reasons for attacking Romney in an entirely non partisan way.

That's hilarious.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
May the bikini be with you!
badge
I destroy SJWs!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you suggesting it is not possible to "attack" in a non-partisan way?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jarredscott78 wrote:
Shadrach wrote:
There are two good reasons for attacking Romney in an entirely non partisan way.

That's hilarious.


How so? You don't think conservatives who voted for other candidates in the primary don't want to know answers to these questions? Are people who have been given Romney as their candidate going to just blindly support him? Even I wouldn't sell conservatives that short. Ok maybe I would if I was feeling mean.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jarredscott78 wrote:
Shadrach wrote:
There are two good reasons for attacking Romney in an entirely non partisan way.

That's hilarious.


What is?

I can attack you for being a bad person without it having an agenda. If you like to punch babies do I have to be a liberal to say you're a dick for punching babies? If your defense of your baby-punching predilection that my dislike of it is simply partisan posturing? Because that'd be a slippery road. All potentially heinous and criminal acts are simply one side in a Partisan debate!

He's not a rapist! She got pregnant! you damn liberals just want to conflate pretend rape with Legitimate rape!

Disclaimer:You at no point in this statement refers to jarredscott78 personally, it's a generic third person 'you' Normally I don't bother with this, but I brought up some fairly horrific stuff
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you guys still or were you ever talking about CNN and their reporting? I have yet to defend Romney on this forum.

What you all have to do to make your point is shift the argument away from "CNN reports strongly in favor of Obama" to "it's not wrong for one to attack Romney on these issues..." Which is obviously not the point.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
jarredscott78 wrote:
Shadrach wrote:
There are two good reasons for attacking Romney in an entirely non partisan way.

That's hilarious.


What is?

I can attack you for being a bad person without it having an agenda. If you like to punch babies do I have to be a liberal to say you're a dick for punching babies? If your defense of your baby-punching predilection that my dislike of it is simply partisan posturing? Because that'd be a slippery road. All potentially heinous and criminal acts are simply one side in a Partisan debate!

He's not a rapist! She got pregnant! you damn liberals just want to conflate pretend rape with Legitimate rape!

Disclaimer:You at no point in this statement refers to jarredscott78 personally, it's a generic third person 'you' Normally I don't bother with this, but I brought up some fairly horrific stuff
adlogicalstrawfallacymanhomenim
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
May the bikini be with you!
badge
I destroy SJWs!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jarredscott78 wrote:
Are you guys still or were you ever talking about CNN and their reporting? I have yet to defend Romney on this forum.

What you all have to do to make your point is shift the argument away from "CNN reports strongly in favor of Obama" to "it's not wrong for one to attack Romney on these issues..." Which is obviously not the point.


It is the point. You claim CNN is "attacking" Romney, with the all too clear implication it is that old conservative bugaboo, "liberal bias".
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jarredscott78 wrote:
Shadrach wrote:
jarredscott78 wrote:
Shadrach wrote:
There are two good reasons for attacking Romney in an entirely non partisan way.

That's hilarious.


What is?

I can attack you for being a bad person without it having an agenda. If you like to punch babies do I have to be a liberal to say you're a dick for punching babies? If your defense of your baby-punching predilection that my dislike of it is simply partisan posturing? Because that'd be a slippery road. All potentially heinous and criminal acts are simply one side in a Partisan debate!

He's not a rapist! She got pregnant! you damn liberals just want to conflate pretend rape with Legitimate rape!

Disclaimer:You at no point in this statement refers to jarredscott78 personally, it's a generic third person 'you' Normally I don't bother with this, but I brought up some fairly horrific stuff
adlogicalstrawfallacymanhomenim


Actually no, it's not any of those.

I specifically noted you were not meant to be a part of the example. So on that front: stuff it asshole.

And hyperbole is needed sometimes when people put blinders on. Are you saying, to use no hyperbole, that presenting a position on economic recovery that is on its face impossible and then fighting any efforts for clarification is in fact a good and proper thing to do?


And just because you seem to think reality is against your OP I'll be very specific: I think CNN does a good job of being balanced. They sensationalize things for ratings, but they rarely(if ever) pick out targets. If you see yourself in their sites more often it is because you are giving them more fodder.

Again 'you' does not equal Jarredscott78... though he'd have to be pretty conceited to think CNN would be talking about him.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
I'll be very specific: I think CNN does a good job of being balanced.

Thanks. I have no interest in anything else you have to say on this topic but others may find your contributions useful.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
May the bikini be with you!
badge
I destroy SJWs!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
tstone wrote:
You claim CNN is "attacking" Romney, with the all too clear implication it is that old conservative bugaboo, "liberal bias".


Do you actually deny that the mainstream media is biased toward the left?



The "mainstream news media", since I think it is stupid to wrap it all up in one big ball?

I not only deny it, but I contend that the right has been wailing about it for so long without real concrete proof, it is has less cred than your average UFO report.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Gloomhaven is a great niche game
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jarred, why are you watching hours of CNN to start with?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.