Eduardo Cominguez
Argentina
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The event card says... Sail to the North (N), but the ship is in a sea zone where you can go to the north (more sea zones at north) but is divided into NE and NW, not exactly N... thinking in the clockwise rule, I choose NE, but... I don't know if the clockwise rule is just used when there is no sea at north, or should apply to this case too.
May be I can chose where to move it freely...

Thank you.
Eduardo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Start with the card direction adn then move clockwise until you find one...so for a North card...you would next check NE and continue clockwise with NW being the last that would be checked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The...
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
The NPC movement cards are specific to the four cardinal directions (NSEW).

If it directs you to go North but there isn't a space there, you go clockwise to the next point on the compass rose and repeat that until there is a space available to move to. So, if there's no N, you next look for NE, then E, then SE, then S, and so on.

The NW in this situation is ignored, because that's counter-clockwise from N.

The only time a ship is ever going to move NW is when it needs to go W but has no space available for that. ADDED: Taking a quick look at the board, unless I missed a spot this can only occur in the Caribbean Sea zone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Woelf wrote:
The only time a ship is ever going to move NW is when it needs to go W but has no space available for that. ADDED: Taking a quick look at the board, unless I missed a spot this can only occur in the Caribbean Sea zone.

It will also move to the NW, if it can hunt for someone in that seazone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The...
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
Randor20 wrote:
Woelf wrote:

True, but if there's someone to hunt, the specified direction and the clockwise rule is irrelevant anyways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Woelf wrote:
Randor20 wrote:
Woelf wrote:

True, but if there's someone to hunt, the specified direction and the clockwise rule is irrelevant anyways.

I know, but he is new to the game and might be confussed with the "only time...ever" (or some other newbie might).

And I just tjecked too - you are right about only the Caribbean Sea zone having a NW and no W.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Cominguez
Argentina
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Woelf wrote:
The NPC movement cards are specific to the four cardinal directions (NSEW).

If it directs you to go North but there isn't a space there, you go clockwise to the next point on the compass rose and repeat that until there is a space available to move to. So, if there's no N, you next look for NE, then E, then SE, then S, and so on.

The NW in this situation is ignored, because that's counter-clockwise from N.

So I was doing it well, first NE applying the clockwise rule, this answer my question perfectly well.

I used this way but I thought that, may be, North was the North of the sea where the ship is... so it is space at North, as much space as two sea zones, both at the North. May be the ship can choose which one.
But if it is simply as... if no writen North then go to the right, I am on track.

Thank you.
Eduardo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.