Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
22 Posts

King of Tokyo: Power Up!» Forums » General

Subject: Card Size rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Palmer
United States
Fenton
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What size are the cards going to be? Now that it's starting to go up for pre-order, I'm sure there are several of us who would like to know. I'm hoping they will fit the 69x69 or 70x70 sleeves that are readily available.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Brissaud
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
orange_rhino wrote:
What size are the cards going to be? Now that it's starting to go up for pre-order, I'm sure there are several of us who would like to know. I'm hoping they will fit the 69x69 or 70x70 sleeves that are readily available.


The cards are square.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I wonder if the Rivals for Catan card size sleeves will work?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Palmer
United States
Fenton
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
IelloGames wrote:
orange_rhino wrote:
What size are the cards going to be? Now that it's starting to go up for pre-order, I'm sure there are several of us who would like to know. I'm hoping they will fit the 69x69 or 70x70 sleeves that are readily available.


The cards are square.


Thanks for the response. Knowing the shape of the cards (square) is good, but what about size (dimensions).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasco van de Haar Pinto
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up a copy yesterday. The dimensions are 70x70(mm).
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Palmer
United States
Fenton
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
theXkid wrote:
I picked up a copy yesterday. The dimensions are 70x70(mm).


Thanks for the info!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
theXkid wrote:
I picked up a copy yesterday. The dimensions are 70x70(mm).


can anyone comment on how it fits with FFG's square card sleeves?

i assume based on these measurements, that Ultra Pro 69x69mm sized sleeves will not fit.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
abe18 wrote:
theXkid wrote:
I picked up a copy yesterday. The dimensions are 70x70(mm).


can anyone comment on how it fits with FFG's square card sleeves?

i assume based on these measurements, that Ultra Pro 69x69mm sized sleeves will not fit.


FFG and Ultra Pro's sleeve name is for the size of the card, not the size of the sleeve, so UP's might fit. FFG's size says 70x70 so they should fit.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Alingsås
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
70x70 sounds good. Because I have already bought a package of FFG 70x70 sleeves for this purposes
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fr. Greg
United States
Monona
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
joakim589 wrote:
70x70 sounds good. Because I have already bought a package of FFG 70x70 sleeves for this purposes


Do the FFG 70x70 fit well?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Disgustipater
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
snit27 wrote:
Do the FFG 70x70 fit well?

They fit perfectly.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fr. Greg
United States
Monona
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Disgustipater wrote:
snit27 wrote:
Do the FFG 70x70 fit well?

They fit perfectly.


Thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G B
United States
Crown Point
Indiana
flag msg tools
NO! I'M SPARTACUS!
badge
I will find Myntokk and I will eat him.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Would have been so much better as card size... Then it would have fit in the original box with sleeves.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy R
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I picked the Ultra Pro 69x69 sleeves and they also fit well with no issues.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brownsill
United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know where you can get this sleeve size in the UK ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nivet
Ireland
Cork City
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pogle wrote:
Anyone know where you can get this sleeve size in the UK ?


Try here:

http://www.gameslore.com/acatalog/PR_50_Square_Board_Game_Sl...

Or here:

http://www.boardgameguru.co.uk/card-sleeves--square-12643-p....
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brownsill
United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Diamond Geezer wrote:
Pogle wrote:
Anyone know where you can get this sleeve size in the UK ?


Try here:

http://www.gameslore.com/acatalog/PR_50_Square_Board_Game_Sl...

Or here:

http://www.boardgameguru.co.uk/card-sleeves--square-12643-p....


Thank you. Have used both of those and didn't realise they do sleeves
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nivet
Ireland
Cork City
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pogle wrote:

Thank you. Have used both of those and didn't realise they do sleeves


Took me a while to figure it out as well They (Games Lore and BGGuru) should advertise it more, FFG sleeves are great quality.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
since i couldn't decide which sleeve to buy - ultra pro 69x69 or FFG 70x70, i bought both .

for those that are interested in a comparison:

1. FFG has a slight overhang on top vs. UP that is totally flush.
2. UP edges are slightly rougher vs. FFG smoother edges
3. UP has a small silver "stamp" with their brand name in the corner of each sleeve.
4. price. FFG sleeves costs approx 75% more then UP at my retailer.

overall, they both are an excellent fit with 4 differences. for me, FFG's premium pricing doesn't justify buying it over UP but YMMV.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moosey
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
abe18 wrote:
3. UP has a small silver "stamp" with their brand name in the corner of each sleeve.


That trumps everything else, and makes UP a "no" for me. Dumbest thing in sleeves.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
abe18 wrote:
1. FFG has a slight overhang on top vs. UP that is totally flush.

I've tried some 70x70mm sleeves, and the Power Up cards always seem to be slightly too tall for the sleeve, is this what you mean by "overhang", that the card sticks out, or are you referring to there being some extra sleeve at the top of the card?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.