Can't Stop» Forums » General

Subject: iOS version rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Libby
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This isn't a review, just a couple of notes about the iOS version. It plays great, fun little animations, and the AI is pretty good. There is no online multiplayer, which is disappointing, especially after Playdek's fantastic versions of Ascension, Nightfall, Summoner Wars, and Food Fight. Online play could very well come in an update, however.

Plays fast, and is mostly up to the amazing quality Playdek is known for. Totally worth the 99 cents.

One thing I will note, and it only happened once: I rolled a 6 and 4, and chose this option. It moved my marker on the 6 and 4 track, but said on the side of the screen that my marker was on 6 and 5. I've e-mailed Playdek about this, and it's probably just a small glitch which usually happens in the first version of an app. It will certainly be fixed.

Worth your time, worth the dollar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Two Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)
badge
Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's great. I love the animations and the trippy background lighting. Even the music is pretty good. Pass and play works great. If I'm going to play asynchronous I would probably chose a different game. Worth 99 cents for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Libby
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's true. Asynchronous wouldn't be as fun with this game as, say, Ascension. I do think simultaneous online play would be pretty fun with this game, though. But like you said, pass and play works great, and the AI is pretty stellar for solo play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the game, but I have to disagee on the background animation. The first thing I looked for was a way to turn it off. Unfortunately, I didn't find one. Please Playdek, let me turn that animation off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hymowitz
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the game, and I like it a lot. Certainly well worth 99c.

That said...

They need to get the rules right.

They need to fix the bugs.

They need a way to disable the animation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Two Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)
badge
Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
mbmbmbmbmb

Garrrr! I just rolled 7 & 7 and the game wouldn't let me place them. Even though I had a runner on 7 and an unplaced runner to boot. I hope they fix these bugs soon 'cause otherwise I really like the game. Oh, the AI could be tougher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Weimer
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Update is on the loose. I can't swear the bugs in basic rules application are gone, but I haven't seen them since I updated (I'm used to seeing them pretty much every game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan McNeely
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only bugs I have seen appear after finishing a game. Sometimes the wrong name comes up when someone wins or when choosing to play another game, the previous game's names are duplicated or lost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy W
United States
Wheatfield
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been enjoying the iOS version, and with update haven't seen obvious bugs.

One thing that I'm definitely missing is the ability to choose different variants. As the Gryphon version has different variants listed in the rules sheet, I had hoped they would be included as rules enforced, but I suppose for the most part, we can just choose to enforce ourselves.

Easily worth $0.99!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.