tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Why or is this more of your homoerotic stuff?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
whac3 wrote:

I don't want people to feel bad for Joe Biden because they might feel sympathetic towards him when he breaks down on stage...and yes.

You're just getting creepy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
whac3 wrote:

I don't want people to feel bad for Joe Biden because they might feel sympathetic towards him when he breaks down on stage...and yes.

You're just getting creepy.

"Getting"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Time Magazine has published some Paul Ryan workout pictures for your viewing pleasure. While you're watching Joe Biden break down in tears tonight, lean back in your La-Z-Boy, close your eyes, and think of Paul tearing it up.

Some guys work hard in the gym to keep from being made a cuckold. Some guys do the cuckolding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris White
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Joe Biden: great American, or greatest American?

ED: DAMMIT NINJA'D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
Ho-Lee-Crap, that was scary
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just having a discussion, earlier today, about how awesome it would be if the Joe Biden who's been featured in The Onion so often recently was real.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Vincent
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll probably be thinking about XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Maybe Axis Empires: Totaler Krieg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryan is the new Bork.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
bjlillo wrote:
Time Magazine has published some Paul Ryan workout pictures for your viewing pleasure.

Call me a flaming liberal, but I found the pictures of Barbarella Jane Fonda linked on that page to give far more pleasure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
utoption2 wrote:
I am hoping, maybe vainly, that Ryan and Biden will show some intellectual horsepower tonight.

I actually think it's going to be a good debate.

Biden gets a lot of flak for sometimes putting his foot in his mouth, but he's a very smart guy with a lot of experience. Ryan is much less experienced but is a huge policy wonk and not afraid to get in there. I think you'll see some real "worldview conflict" arguments and probably some pretty substantive discussion.

Or at least you might.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:
utoption2 wrote:
I am hoping, maybe vainly, that Ryan and Biden will show some intellectual horsepower tonight.

Biden gets a lot of flak for sometimes putting his foot in his mouth, but he's a very smart guy with a lot of experience. Ryan is much less experienced but is a huge policy wonk and not afraid to get in there. I think you'll see some real "worldview conflict" arguments and probably some pretty substantive discussion.

Or at least you might.

I wonder what the viewership will be for this one?

It is competing against Yankees vs. Orioles and Tigers vs. A's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
SpaceGhost wrote:
Chad_Ellis wrote:
utoption2 wrote:

Or at least you might.

I wonder what the viewership will be for this one?

It is competing against Yankees vs. Orioles and Tigers vs. A's.

I'll be shocked if it's even half of the number who watched Palin/Biden four years ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
jmilum wrote:
wow

Have you not seen Barbarella? It's a marvelous thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
garygarison wrote:
jmilum wrote:
wow

Growing up in the US very shortly after Vietnam, I was not allowed to watch anything with Jane Fonda in it. Knowing the resons for that, I've never seen a reason to do so now that I could.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
garygarison wrote:
jmilum wrote:
wow

No, I should watch that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
I'll be shocked if it's even half of the number who watched Palin/Biden four years ago.

Four years ago we had about twenty people over to watch the VP debate. Less than an hour ago I cancelled our planned debate-watch party for tonight because only one person had confirmed, which probably would have meant 3-4 people showing up.

I think part of this is that excitement is way down. It's partly that there's no G.W. Bush era to end, the "hope and change" euphoria has dulled to pragmatic approval and partly that I think Democrats are sulking over the first Presidential debate. It's also partly that with Palin there was a non-trivial chance that she would completely implode on national television and who wants to miss that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DCAnderson wrote:
So did she shoot down a plane? The answer is no of course. She's even said she regrets that photo.

I think she said some things that were dumb, but traitorous is a stretch.

I don't agree. We were at war and she engaged in deliberate war-related propaganda on behalf of the country we were at war with. Is it going to make the list of one hundred most damaging acts of treason? Surely not. But even trivial, ego-fanning aid to an enemy nation during wartime seems like the very definition of treason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
garygarison wrote:
jmilum wrote:
wow

No, I should watch that.

It's an entertaining film. Kind of an over the top romp. I wouldn't go out of my way to see it, but if you have netflix, you could get the DVD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:
DCAnderson wrote:
So did she shoot down a plane? The answer is no of course. She's even said she regrets that photo.

I think she said some things that were dumb, but traitorous is a stretch.

I don't agree. We were at war and she engaged in deliberate war-related propaganda on behalf of the country we were at war with. Is it going to make the list of one hundred most damaging acts of treason? Surely not. But even trivial, ego-fanning aid to an enemy nation during wartime seems like the very definition of treason.

Amen. Disagreeing with a war your nation is fighting is a perfectly fine way to express yourself. Openly supporting your country's enemies--enemies who are actively engaged in killing your countrymen--is shameful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:

Four years ago we had about twenty people over to watch the VP debate. Less than an hour ago I cancelled our planned debate-watch party for tonight because only one person had confirmed, which probably would have meant 3-4 people showing up.

I think part of this is that excitement is way down. It's partly that there's no G.W. Bush era to end, the "hope and change" euphoria has dulled to pragmatic approval and partly that I think Democrats are sulking over the first Presidential debate. It's also partly that with Palin there was a non-trivial chance that she would completely implode on national television and who wants to miss that?

I wasn't really paying attention in 2000 as I was in college and way more concerned with scraping together pizza and weed money. I couldn't vote yet in '96. Is the VP debate usually a big deal, or was Palin/Biden the anomaly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
DCAnderson wrote:
Alright, I'm gonna go crazy here and concede the point, that was pretty messed up.

I don't care what Dave says about you, you're alright.

Which Dave?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.