Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven F
United States
wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The slingshot example in rule book is not clear because it shows a 4 movement Fighter getting it's slingshot opportunities at the extreme ends of its movement ability.

Question:
What happens if a ship takes a slingshot opportunity prior to reaching its final movment?
i.e,
If a 4 movement fighter is able to slingshot around the Sun after it moves just 1 space, how many spaces will the fighter be able to move total? (4+4=8) or (1+4=5)?

My guess is the answer is 5, and that its possible slingshotting around a planet or sun may not gain you much movement depending on your starting position.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Adamson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think it's 4+4=8.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Gillette
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
It is 5. The example is misleading in the book. I don't know why there is a 1 on the starting position since you don't count the space you're in as movement. (I'm assuming the example is not showing the movement before ending up on that marker.) So if normal movement allows you to get where you need to be.. DON'T slingshot. But if it is beneficial and you WILL actually gain extra movement.. try it. In the example it was the last move so it was worth it to try and slingshot as long as you were okay with that piece being expendable.. lol.. anyway it was a success.. then moved 4, ending up on Earth to slingshot again for 2 ending up on Mars.

So.. IMO you gain a +4 movement from that point (not accumulative) regardless of how many moves it took you to get there to slingshot. Not a total +4 on top of your normal move.

Make sense?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven F
United States
wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes. Makes sense to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.