Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the idea of adding variety to Revolver, but the thing that bugs me (and I may very well be in the minority here) is the deck construction.

Revolver is my go-to game when we have less than an hour until our gaming evening comes to a close. I love being able to just throw the box open (you can do that with a hinged tin box!) and start playing.
And I'd love to throw in the expansions... but I think I'd hate the "okay, let me just tweak my deck a bit here" phase.

How viable is the game if you just shuffle everything together? Or is there a way to just keep a core "set" of cards you always play with, and flush out the rest of the deck at random?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could always pre-build the decks to a state where you can just whip the box open, shuffle up and play. Haven't found too much trouble in keeping base + Ambush cards mixed in. More cards makes those single copies come up less, that can be either a good thing or bad, depending. But adding Ambush in full has boosted up the Mexican Border wins, that's for sure (though it probably would've boosted it even sticking to 62 card decks).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny de Vries
Netherlands
2e Exloermond
Drenthe
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Francis,

The fun of REVOLVER is that you can play as you wish, no problem.
The modules and expansions add variety in the game to keep each single game exciting and fresh.

Just throw in the expansions if you like to do that. Just have fun with the game. I hope we created a game that you will be playing also in 5 years time from now.

Best regards,
Jonny de Vries
CEO White Goblin Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the play-testers expressed the desire to just add cards, without the trimming of other cards.

We tried this, and you could too. It worked satisfactorily.

Might I suggest that you merely add, from the expansions, say 10 new cards, when you sit down for your game. You might find it's the cutting out of cards that you dislike - choosing new cards to just add is more fun for some people. When you then play another duel, add in a different number of cards.

As long as you have fun with the cards, I'm cool with however you decide to do it. Maybe you could post back with your experiences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.