Hide
5 Posts

Eclipse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Diplomatic relations rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hemmo Puu
msg tools
Just to be sure: you need to control adjacent hexes (that are connected through a complete wormhole) to be able to establish diplomatic relations? So you need to control neighboring hexes when you establish diplomatic relations, but if either of you would remove your influence disc and no longer be "neighbors", you could still have diplomatic relations with each other?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Hobbes

North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that is correct. Just remember that if you remove the disc, they can add theirs without breaking your treaty. (As long as you don't have ships there of course)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
s l
msg tools
I recently got this game and had the same question. However, after reading the rules I came to a different conclusion. In the action phase example on page 17 of the rulebook a diplomatic relation is made between to players with an empty hex between them. It's at label [16]. That implies the hexes don't need to be adjacent, though I don't think they can be connected through a hex controlled by a third player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Kernic
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Look at the part I highlighted. After his explore action [13](during which he placed influence disks on both explored hexes), he has a direct connection to blue [16].
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
s l
msg tools
Ah, missed that. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.