Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
Pew pew pew!!!
badge
I'm a member of the Game Artisans of Canada
mbmbmbmbmb
"That really ships my coffee"

Someone on the geek had it as their signature and I almost spewed pop all over my keyboard when I read it. I can't seem to find it again and I would like to know who came up with the phrase.

Anyone know who came up with it or first used it?

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gelatinous Goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
MK-Ultra71 wrote:
"That really ships my coffee"

Someone on the geek had it as their signature and I almost spewed pop all over my keyboard when I read it. I can't seem to find it again and I would like to know who came up with the phrase.

Anyone know who came up with it or first used it?

Used here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/692706#692706

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Vögel
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
I've been on this site for 15 years now, and I'm far from sick of games, but I think I prefer a better balance of favorites to new games. I'm also tired of playing 4+ hr multiplayer games, but I'll still happily play really long games 2 player.
mbmbmbmbmb
It was goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Kollross
Canada
Carvel
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
Pew pew pew!!!
badge
I'm a member of the Game Artisans of Canada
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I always like to give credit where credit is due.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What does the phrase mean? In PR, you generally don't want to ship your coffee, since it is so valuable traded...so is the phrase saying something has inconvenienced the person saying it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real and Only
United States
Aubrey
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Philip Thomas wrote:
What does the phrase mean? In PR, you generally don't want to ship your coffee, since it is so valuable traded...so is the phrase saying something has inconvenienced the person saying it?

"That really ships my coffee" is similar to
"That really chaps my hide" or other similar phrases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mind shipping coffee...especially if I'm able to establish a monopoly on it very early in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fair
United States
Damascus
MD
flag msg tools
designer
Or maybe PowerGrid?
badge
Yeah, that's me. Handsome devil, I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
generalpf wrote:
AnakinOU wrote:
I don't mind shipping coffee...especially if I'm able to establish a monopoly on it very early in the game.

Wouldn't you always rather trade your coffee than ship it? I can't think of a single situation where I'd rather ship than trade, unless I had a single barrel and a Harbor and already had tons of money.

In more than one game i have been able to completely tie up a large boat for 90% of the game with a single Coffee barrel by shipping it early, then shipping any future barrels i am forced to ship via a Harbor. Works really nice for the building strategy to reduce the shippers available boats by 33%.

So, yeah, if i could tie up a ship for half the game or more while working on my building strategy, i would much rather do so than get a few more gold right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which game does one chap ones hide in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
I have become my own island state. A ravaged, war-torn land where nothing grows and the horizons are bleak.
mb
Thank the Prospector my idioms are finally taking off. It really takes the robber off and gets me wood to see others finally embracing such things. I mean it really assasinates my Warlord when people don't get what I'm saying--it gives my priest internal conflict.

And when girls start using them... let's just say it makes me wanna settle her plantations

-goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert Dreifuss
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
Thank the Prospector my idioms are finally taking off. It really takes the robber off and gets me wood to see others finally embracing such things. I mean it really assasinates my Warlord when people don't get what I'm saying--it gives my priest internal conflict.

And when girls start using them... let's just say it makes me wanna settle her plantations

-goo

THAT is CLASSIC!

Thanks for the laughs, goo.

You really tickled my funny bone (get it!? Operation! - OK, so I'm no good at these).

--Bert
www.dreifuss.org

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Wills
Australia
Panania
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BeyondMonopoly wrote:
In more than one game i have been able to completely tie up a large boat for 90% of the game with a single Coffee barrel by shipping it early, then shipping any future barrels i am forced to ship via a Harbor. Works really nice for the building strategy to reduce the shippers available boats by 33%.

I assume you meant Wharf rather than Harbor?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Surely if there is a boat with a good on it and you have that good you are obliged to ship it on that boat, Wharf or no Wharf?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Wills
Australia
Panania
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Philip Thomas wrote:
Surely if there is a boat with a good on it and you have that good you are obliged to ship it on that boat, Wharf or no Wharf?

The Wharf can ship the same type as a real boat, so there is nothing stopping you shipping the Coffee on the Wharf to keep the Coffee boat locked up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah. So, if you haven't got a Wharf, can you ship the same good on 2 different boats? Or are Wharfs just special?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fair
United States
Damascus
MD
flag msg tools
designer
Or maybe PowerGrid?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mjwills wrote:
BeyondMonopoly wrote:

I assume you meant Wharf rather than Harbor?

Ahem. Yes. Sorry. That really ships my coffee when I make a mistake like that. goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fair
United States
Damascus
MD
flag msg tools
designer
Or maybe PowerGrid?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't say if i won them all, but, yes, i have won doing that. It helps if no coffee tiles come out in the settlement draw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fair
United States
Damascus
MD
flag msg tools
designer
Or maybe PowerGrid?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Philip Thomas wrote:
Ah. So, if you haven't got a Wharf, can you ship the same good on 2 different boats? Or are Wharfs just special?

Wharves are special. you can't ship the same good on two of the other boats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
Thank the Prospector my idioms are finally taking off. It really takes the robber off and gets me wood to see others finally embracing such things.

LOL! I laughed so hard a meeple shot out of my nose! goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
That really imports my tea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Frederick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Seems like a reasonably appropriate time to pimp this thematic mug: http://www.cafepress.com/genimuse.20072743

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Bethany
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OH!!! I gotta get me one o' those!! That mug makes me want to use my water stick; to migrate my students and blow up a bridge; to bomb my own dragon!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.