Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: OP_deleted [+] [View All]
Mary T.
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Click the arrow under his username. Select Give Geekgold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffie B
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Ok.. what if I don't have any GeekGold? Where can I buy it??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Christmas Card Exchange: 2009 - 2014
badge
I play at EPGS on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month and if you live in Eastern PA, Western NJ or Northern DE ... you should too!
mbmbmbmbmb
Go to his profile page and click on the pulldown menu:

And you will see an option to give geek gold.

Edit: And please don't delete you're initial post in a thread, it makes follow up posts that answer your question confusing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
I play at EPGS on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month and if you live in Eastern PA, Western NJ or Northern DE ... you should too!
mbmbmbmbmb
mevitale wrote:
Click the arrow under his username. Select Give Geekgold.

If you look in geekbay you will find people selling geek gold,

like this guy:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/865818/geekgold-for-sale

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffie B
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Sorry about that. It was accidental..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffie B
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Great! Thank you so much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cool User
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also click "support BGG" at the very bottom of every page. You get 1 gg for every dollar donated, plus there are extra benefits at certain levels, e.g., a supporter badge and the ability to block ads.

Often at the end of the year, people with that year's supporter badge can enter drawings for cool stuff. See this thread for last year's list:
4th Annual BGG Supporter Drive Games, Gift Certificates, and Geekgold Giveaway
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also earn GeekGold by contributing to the site. See GeekGold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffie B
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Thanks so much! I found the page to do that and I did. Much appreciated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey you're 4gg off an avatar! If you want one pop over here and say hello:

No Geek Left Behind... (How to get an Avatar)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffie B
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
monkeyhandz wrote:

Thank you for your help!! Everyone has been so helpful! It's very much appreciated!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mousey
Netherlands
Je suis Paris
flag msg tools
ESSEN The Game: SPIEL '13 Featuring Jonah
badge
RIP Jonah Lomu 1975-2015
mbmbmbmbmb
thelialady wrote:
monkeyhandz wrote:

Thank you for your help!! Everyone has been so helpful! It's very much appreciated!!

Here is 3 more to get you to 30, now go get yourself an avatar!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To set it up go to your account and select 'buy avatar'.

From then on you can change it, as many times as you want, via 'edit avatar' - you just need a picture on your computer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffie B
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Mousey wrote:
thelialady wrote:
monkeyhandz wrote:

Here is 3 more to get you to 30, now go get yourself an avatar!

Hot Diggity!! Thank you so much!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Lower Hutt, WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Think of me as the Bishop of East Anglia
mbmbmbmbmb

This is a geeklist on all the ways to get

GeekGold Doesn't Grow on Trees - How to Become a GeekGold... Thousandaire?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffie B
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Thank you everyone for your help! The gift giving was a success! He was so excited! Happy anniversary love!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
thelialady wrote:
Thank you everyone for your help! The gift giving was a success! He was so excited! Happy anniversary love!

Interestingly,

All the geekgold you all have sent to Steffie B thelialady
Steffie B
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
went to this user Steffie B smoocher
Steffie B
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb

You will see the second Steffie B has the same name and place of residence and has already learned how to transfer geekgold

Why is Steffie B from Connecticut--presumably a woman--asking how to send geekgold to a man when instead she sends it to Steffie B, also from Connecticut, the latter being a woman and girlfriend to
Craig J
United States
East Hampton
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
according to Festivus's userpage, and she has already sent geekgold. Did she forget how to send? Why did she send it to Steffie B first?

Why did she accept your kind geek gold gifts from you with your intent that they be for an avatar for an avatarless user when she has just sent 100 gg and still has 123 gg in her account?

All this because I wanted to see if she had enough gg for an avatar since I have a little gg I'm not planning on using.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mousey
Netherlands
Je suis Paris
flag msg tools
ESSEN The Game: SPIEL '13 Featuring Jonah
badge
RIP Jonah Lomu 1975-2015
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blaecblaed wrote:
thelialady wrote:

Interestingly,

Steffie B
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Steffie B
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb

You will see the second Steffie B has the same name and place of residence and has already learned how to transfer geekgold

Why is Steffie B from Connecticut--presumably a woman--asking how to send geekgold to a man when instead she sends it to Steffie B, also from Connecticut, the latter being a woman and girlfriend to
Craig J
United States
East Hampton
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
according to Festivus's userpage, and she has already sent geekgold. Did she forget how to send? Why did she send it to Steffie B first?

Why did she accept your kind geek gold gifts from you with your intent that they be for an avatar for an avatarless user when she has just sent 100 gg and still has 123 gg in her account?

All this because I wanted to see if she had enough gg for an avatar since I have a little gg I'm not planning on using.

I will start by saying, "I don't know." in response to your VERY good questions.

I would like to speculate, however. Even though she deleted her original post, I remember it. All she asked was how to send geek gold because she wanted to give some to her boyfriend for his birthday. I am guessing that she didn't want him to know she was asking because it would ruin her surprise (Maybe he subscribes to her?).

In a later post She did ask how to get GG if she didn't have any, but she may not have realized that she did have some. All of the GG smoocher had was from BGG. 15 for being a patron in 2010, 15 for patron in 2011 and the bonuses from the end of year patron drive.

Plus, 25 of the GG she earned as the "thelialady" came from BGG, it looks like another donation because when she originally posted she didn't have a patron tag under her name.

Based on how few posts she made under EITHER user name, I'm betting she just doesn't know the ins and outs of BGG.

Of course, as I said above, all of this is speculation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I strongly encourage folk to contact the admin rather than post openly if they have any concerns about another user.

I'll hold up my hands and admit to having done the former in the past and been rather embarrassed when proven wrong. whistle

As for the user in question:

She paid for more GG than she was donated ($25 public knowledge) and now has two account with subscription badges - something you don't do if you know your way around the site or intend to gain gold through nefarious means.

I was the one who introduced the concept of buying an avatar.
There does seem to be some confusion as to the amount of GG her other account had but again I don't think she realised how much was there or else why pay the site for more?
I think Joseph is spot on, it was a gift and she wanted to keep it as a surprise.

Plus she sent me a really nice thank you.
I don't think any harm has been intended or done.

I'll also say if folk are convinced with this interpretation of events and wish to delete their posts - I'll follow suit (this is a suggestion made from my perspective as a user and in no way represents the site admin.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:
I think Joseph is spot on, it was a gift and she wanted to keep it as a surprise.

I've never been told I was "... Spot on" before. It makes me want tea and crumpets ... If I liked tea or if I knew a cumpet was.

p.s. When your read this post I hear Sean Connery's voice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Well I do like the boy's voice - but within Scotland he's kind of an outsider - eg he loves Scotland but doesn't want to and hasn't lived here for a long time. That's before we get to a Edinburgh-Glasgow - Highland-Lowlands debate. In short he's a bit fur coat and nae knickers for my liking.

Anyway, pass the shortbread.

whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:

Well I do like the boy's voice - but within Scotland he's kind of an outsider - eg he loves Scotland but doesn't want to and hasn't lived here for a long time. That's before we get to a Edinburgh-Glasgow - Highland-Lowlands debate. In short he's a bit fur coat and nae knickers for my liking.

Anyway, pass the shortbread.

whistle

Ok, at the end, your just putting words together, right? Cause everything up to calling Sean Connery a fur coat made sense but then, I have no idea what you are saying. whistle

Wow, I was going to throw a pic of Connery from when Scotland got its own (edit to add) Modern Parliament but I google Scottish Independence and saw an article and Scotland having a referendum in 2014 about leaving the United Kingdom. Thats wild.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup - Wild indeed, watch RSP as it's sure to make an appearance.

And that is the end of my derail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffie B
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
ElCid91 wrote:
blaecblaed wrote:
thelialady wrote:

Interestingly,

Steffie B
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Steffie B
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb

Craig J
United States
East Hampton
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I will start by saying, "I don't know." in response to your VERY good questions.

I would like to speculate, however. Even though she deleted her original post, I remember it. All she asked was how to send geek gold because she wanted to give some to her boyfriend for his birthday. I am guessing that she didn't want him to know she was asking because it would ruin her surprise (Maybe he subscribes to her?).

In a later post She did ask how to get GG if she didn't have any, but she may not have realized that she did have some. All of the GG smoocher had was from BGG. 15 for being a patron in 2010, 15 for patron in 2011 and the bonuses from the end of year patron drive.

Plus, 25 of the GG she earned as the "thelialady" came from BGG, it looks like another donation because when she originally posted she didn't have a patron tag under her name.

Based on how few posts she made under EITHER user name, I'm betting she just doesn't know the ins and outs of BGG.

Of course, as I said above, all of this is speculation.

You seem to have put much thought into what I was doing on this site and I have to give many thanks to Joseph and Liam. They are both correct. I am Smoocher and I use the site rarely. I didn't know that there was GG there. So I secretly opened another account (thelialady) to buy some GG to give as a gift to Festivus. My boyfriend. I was totally honest in what I was asking for and was completely willing to pay for the GG. I was grateful to those who gave me a few coins here and there to increase his gift. If I logged into the Smoocher account, he would have known and the surprise would have been blown. So when the day came, I got some chocolate gold coins, labeled them GG, put them in a box and wished him a happy anniversary. He was tickled by the though of the gift and it was a great success. I am just thrilled that he didn't make the connection when this forum blog conversation appeared on the home page of the site and he didn't know it was me!! blush

My apologies that you thought I was sceeming here. I was just trying to give a geeky gift to my board game geeker! kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.