Subject: Positive Energy Field & Ambuscade Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Crow
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
1) Positive Energy Field: Does it target the H targets with the lowest hit points, or the H targets with the lowest hit points that can be healed and _regain_ hit points?

2) Ambuscade: When are trapcards considered Revealed, for effects like looking at the top two cards of a deck. If you look at the top two cards and the third one is a face-up trap, is the trap "revealed?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
Re: Misc. IR Questions
1) It says it affects the H targets with the lowest hit points, so it affects the H targets with the lowest hit points, even if some of those targets won't actually benefit from it.

2) I believe so. You need to pick up the two cards above it to look at them, and doing so will reveal the trap underneath.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been working on the assumption that it always targets the stuff with the lowest HP, regardless of whether that's full HP or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Crow
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
1) Yeah, that's what we thought as well, but the last half of the text seems to make "regaining HP" a requirement of sorts.

2) It kind of depends on what "reveal" means. To date, it seemed like "reveal" meant "Flip over the card and activate the effect." But Ambuscade's card mechanics kind of change that.

Don't have the cards right here in front of me. Does Visionary's "peeking" powers (among others) say to Look at the top 1/2/3/whatever cards, or Reveal the top 1/2/3/whatever cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dypaca
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Visionary's peeking abilities say 'look', Tachyon and Argent Adept also allow you to 'look' at the top card of hero decks. I believe all other cards say 'reveal'. I would rule that 'look' and 'reveal' mean the same thing.

I'll also point out that Visionary looks at the top three cards, puts one on the top and two on the bottom. If looking at the cards didn't pull them off the deck, you would just look at the top three cards and put two on the bottom.

The other similar term is 'search' for a specific card (like the personal cloaking device). In these cases I would say it can't reveal the trap (unless it winds up on top after the suffle). Basically I pick up the entire deck, pull out the cloaking device, then shuffle all the rest back into the deck.

One thing I'm not sure about is whether 'looking' or 'revealing' cards can cause you to shuffle the trash, or if you are limited to only revealing as many cards as are in the deck. I'm leaning towards limiting you to what is in the deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Crow
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
Well "looking" has to take the cards off the deck to see the fronts, unless the player has x-ray vision. The question is, is that "revealing" them when they're pulled off the top of the deck?

"Revealing" seems to imply that they are revealed to everyone. Now Visionary can share the knowledge of what she sees when she looks, but is she actually revealing the cards to other players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Crow
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
I suppose also, what happens if Visionary looks at the top two cards and the second card is an Ambuscade trap?

If it's assumed that look = reveal, then it's revealed when she looks/reveals the first card. She didn't look at it: it revealed itself. Kinda sorta.

So once it resolves, does she look at the card below the trap card?(the third card as when she started)?

Or does the trap revealing and triggering itself count as her second, as when she started?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dypaca
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the ruling is that the look and reveal powers pull the cards off the deck one at a time, with a chance for the trap to resolve after each one.

So if the second card was a face up trap, Visionary would pull the first card, then the trap would resolve and go in the trash, then she would pull the second, then the third, then put two on the bottom and one on top.

On the Sentinels of the Multiverse forum, the case was brought up that the trap could knock out visionary (or wraith or whatever is doing the scouting). I'm not sure what should happen to the cards which had been revealed at that point. I would just put them in the villain trash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.