Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Recently, then I obtained this 'speaker' of which has a very short attaching cord for its Jack-in part, so does anyone know if there is a longer one you can use to make this much longer? That dangled from where my PC is located for such, and it is a very much better sort overall, so thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Newton
United Kingdom
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
In the interest of giving credit where credit is due, my avatar is a scan of a hand-drawn caricature by cartoonist Jim Naylor which was done at my company's 20th anniversary dinner.
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you mean like these, wot I found on Amazon?

That was just the first search I did - I'm sure I've seen (and probably bought) 25ft cables as well in the past (useful for connecting the laptop running the projector into audio sound systems in portable setups). If you look around, it is also possible to find different thicknesses of jack housing if that matters (my laptop has the socket recessed, so it does to me).

If it ain't those then we would need more info on what type of connectors etc - but most types are available.

If I was buying such off the shelf I would probably go to Maplin, but I don't know if they exist in your neck of the woods. Of course, back in day I used to use Tandy for such things, which were the UK incarnation of Radio Shack (now no more), so that might be another option if they still exist there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kunnagh Scott
England
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
churchmouse wrote:
Of course, back in day I used to use Tandy for such things, which were the UK incarnation of Radio Shack (now no more), so that might be another option if they still exist there.

thumbsup for prompting some great Tandy memories...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Thanks! since 'moi' were wanting to establish that those existed at A-L-L, and now, we enter into the: "Extraordinarily Extensive Difficulty ROUND"; through the following: WERE there something to provide the means in which to "hook-up" multiple sort of these out of a single 'port', akin with what you can for USB connections?
robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Newton
United Kingdom
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
In the interest of giving credit where credit is due, my avatar is a scan of a hand-drawn caricature by cartoonist Jim Naylor which was done at my company's 20th anniversary dinner.
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
Thanks! since 'moi' were wanting to establish that those existed at A-L-L, and now, we enter into the: "Extraordinarily Extensive Difficulty ROUND"; through the following: WERE there something to provide the means in which to "hook-up" multiple sort of these out of a single 'port', akin with what you can for USB connections?
robot

The voice of experience says that the search term that springs to mind is headphone splitter (since speakers and headphones use the same connector).

Most common is the Y-cable format:

However you can get a dual-port connector:

Then there is the wacky alternative for the man with too many friends:

And for those who are concerned that splitting the signal that much will weaken it, there is the powered version:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.