Ricky Girardi
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Whoooooooooose House?
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the secret passage treasure tile be placed between a tile adjacent to the top of the start tile and the start tile, therefore creating a much shorter path to the starting tile in the case of the gong?

No rule explicitly supports or forbids it, but I was curious as to an official ruling. The art on the tile is gold on both sides, leading to a bit of an ugly aesthetic if this is done, but... saving the adventurers is priority, right?

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Dusek
United States
Cypress
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see no reason why it cannot.

I think I read in the Unofficial FAQ that the secret passage must be used in the tile that it was discovered. Therefore, you would have to have a treasure room next to the start tile AND it comes up with the secret passage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Amundsen Østby
Norway
Langhus
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The secret passage can be picked up and used in any room (you must be present in the room to use it there).

It may be used to create a passage to the safe room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right. Don't forget you can carry treasures around with you and use them when you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
Anaesthetic wrote:
The secret passage can be picked up and used in any room (you must be present in the room to use it there).

It may be used to create a passage to the safe room.

So you can even use it across solid walls?

I thought it could only be used across unpassable entry ways without steps.

If so, that is great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Dusek
United States
Cypress
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah yes, I see I read the Unofficial FAQ too quickly.

"Q: Can you place the secret passage only in a room where you're present or anywhere in the temple?
A: The secret door treasure must be used in the room where you are present.
"

You just have to use it in whatever room you are in.....which makes sense. I thought I read that as "The secret door treasure must be used in the room where you [found it]." I need to slow my reading down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.