Nevin Ball
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
I overlooked Zombicide when it was on Kickstarter but decided to buy it when I saw it offered on Cool Stuff with free shipping. And I'm glad I did! My friends and I are having a great time throwing dice, killing zombies, and inserting cheesy roleplay elements.

I like the game so much that I'm imagining what expansions might look like. I'd like to see new heros, new zombie model poses, and new scenarios. However, what I'm most interested in are new terrain tiles. City parks would be a nice addition to the tiles already available. I would also like to see forest tiles - with trails, creeks, a cabin, and other restricted terrain. Another idea is to have sewer tiles that can be entered/exited via the manholes. Subway tiles would be cool as well.

What would you like to see in future expansions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
foksieloy
Croatia
flag msg tools
You need kulen.
badge
How can you have any pudding?
mbmbmbmbmb
Next expansion has been announced and it is called toxic mall.

So i guess that means a lot of shopping isles and similar things. Also, toxic zombies have been mentioned.

What i would like to see is some form of forest area, with cabins and similar, like you mentioned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There will also be zombified versions of the Survivors and rules for how they come into play and are used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Forests, parks, and other open areas are going to be difficult to pull off because of the 'zoned' nature of the board tiles.

Not that I'm saying it would be impossible, or undesirable.

I think a High School setting is highly likely.

And I'd like to see some purely interior tiles (so that one can make big 3xN building maps).

Factories would be another setting that would work well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Ball
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting comments. I looked in the BGG forums and Guillotine's website and didn't see anything about expansions.

Quote:
Forests, parks, and other open areas are going to be difficult to pull off because of the 'zoned' nature of the board tiles.

They can just do faint black lines like they did in Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game and a host of other games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nevin wrote:
Quote:

They can just do faint black lines like they did in Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game and a host of other games.

Or you can imagine that open spaces are easier to run across, so might result in larger zones. Consider a tile #1X or #2X corner piece where the building is replaced by a single open space...

As for what will be in the expansion, those who kickstarted got promo Survivors and have been promised zombified versions of them to ship in the spring - when the expansion is due for release. However, they haven't mentioned anything about zombified versions of the base game Survivors, implying that they'll be included in the expansion.

For more information, including links to pictures of "toxic zombie" miniatures (and some promo figures), see here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/841577/zombicide-expansi...
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/848898/toxic-zombies
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nevin wrote:
Interesting comments. I looked in the BGG forums and Guillotine's website and didn't see anything about expansions.

They've said very little thus far - about all that's known is what's already been posted above.

If you're on Facebook, it's worth keeping an eye on their page.

Nevin wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, like I said, it wouldn't be impossible, but I should have been clearer what I meant - it would be more difficult to keep such a style in keeping with the clear zone demarcation that you have in the current board tiles - where you've got clear and obvious room and street-zone boundaries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Ball
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jeff. I missed your post somehow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate myself for realising this, but, another thing that makes open-area maps unlikely is the line-of-sight and movement rules, particularly the not being able to move/see diagonally, which really only works on the current map tiles because the roads are all made up out of a series of straight corridors crossing at right angles, and the rooms in the building also fit into this grid pattern.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark keedwell
United Kingdom
weston super mare
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
I hate myself for realising this, but, another thing that makes open-area maps unlikely is the line-of-sight and movement rules, particularly the not being able to move/see diagonally, which really only works on the current map tiles because the roads are all made up out of a series of straight corridors crossing at right angles, and the rooms in the building also fit into this grid pattern.

open areas could have trees bushes .fences telephone poles .gates
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
marrk wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:

open areas could have trees bushes .fences telephone poles .gates

Yeah, I thought of that too, then I realised that those things (mostly) don't actually block line-of-sight and/or movement in quite the same way as a building.

Hedges could work, but then I don't think even our American cousins plant hedges in grid-iron patterns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.