B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally, something positive to talk about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick C
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Well this will definitely make tagging a little more threatening. Especially given that it's neutral.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
We need more ways to get tags on runners for that card to have any bigger effect than Scorched Earth... I don't think that runners are keeping tags on. Although, with this, you could posted bounty or breaking news a tag and then trash a couple resources really quick. Might be added to my deck, might not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kissa
United States
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
That is one creepy looking baby on the box cover.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
I don't think that runners are keeping tags on.

The Data Ravens in my NBN deck will be hiring Freelancers for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
jdludlow wrote:
Jythier wrote:

I'm not sure what I'll come up with to ditch to put this in...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah D

Arlington
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jdludlow wrote:
Jythier wrote:

Only the ones I haven't already offered full time jobs to...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What we need is a Trace to Tag/End the Run ice for NBN. Not a sentry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Imboden
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
We need more ways to get tags on runners for that card to have any bigger effect than Scorched Earth... I don't think that runners are keeping tags on. Although, with this, you could posted bounty or breaking news a tag and then trash a couple resources really quick. Might be added to my deck, might not.

Oh, NBN starts looking viable now, especially when Project Beale gets added to the mix.

"Is that Project Beale or Ghost Branch? He keeps advancing it..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No longer is there a reason to have any ICE in my deck. I'll just use traps and project beale to protect me!

Wait, R&D. HQ. Traps are pretty useless there.

Okay, I'll run SOME ice. But maybe less.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Double Plus Undead
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
We need more ways to get tags on runners for that card to have any bigger effect than Scorched Earth... I don't think that runners are keeping tags on.

Last time I played NBN, my opponent had 7 tags, and there were a half dozen counters on Data Raven. But that's how NBN rolls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pirate_chef wrote:
Jythier wrote:
We need more ways to get tags on runners for that card to have any bigger effect than Scorched Earth... I don't think that runners are keeping tags on.

Last time I played NBN, my opponent had 7 tags, and there were a half dozen counters on Data Raven. But that's how NBN rolls.

That's not how runners seem to be rolling against my NBN. cry

Well, one did. And he died horribly. Now he knows better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Jamet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was waiting this card a lot.

And Freelancers are cheaper than detectives. They work for free!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What I like about it is that you can trash 3 decoys and Scorched Earth a tagged runner for 5 bits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah D

Arlington
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
What I like about it is that you can trash 3 decoys and Scorched Earth a tagged runner for 5 bits.

Lol, how in the world would you get a tag to stick vs a Runner with 3 Decoys in play? You mean 3 Crash Spaces?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
I'll just use traps and project beale to protect me!

I know I've been banging on the "FFG is bad at naming things" drum a lot, but they really should have reversed the terms "ambush" and "Trap". No one calls Junebug an ambush, and no one thinks of poor Data Mine at all.

KissaTaikuri wrote:
That is one creepy looking baby on the box cover.

Perhaps Fetal AI? http://www.netrunneronline.com/cards/fetal-ai/ Maybe with different mechanics. Maybe just add a trace to it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Nowak
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some good tidbits from the article:
Quote:
And as one might expect, in a Data Pack all about bluffing and surprises, Jinteki features prominently, gaining a new identity

Quote:
With seven new events and operations, Trace Amount offers both Corps and Runners plenty of ways to catch their opponents by surprise.

Will be interesting to see which Jinteki identity people will start to play with in their Jinteki decks. Wish they would reveal it soon so that it could spark some more interesting discussion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain K
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
tryfan wrote:

Well this will definitely make tagging a little more threatening. Especially given that it's neutral.

Still, it ain't Urban Renewal ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
argus88 wrote:
Jythier wrote:

Lol, how in the world would you get a tag to stick vs a Runner with 3 Decoys in play? You mean 3 Crash Spaces?

Yeah, I meant Crash Spaces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The sixty cards (three copies each of twenty different cards) in Trace Amount enable players to dabble with bold new deck configurations. The game’s runners each gain a new event while each of the corporations looks to fund new operations. You’ll also find new hardware, resources, icebreakers, ice, agendas, assets, and upgrades. Traces, tags, and links feature prominently.

we know this will be 20 cards

Anarch Event
Criminal Event
Shaper Event

HB Operation
Jinteki ID
Jinteki Operation
NBN Operation
Weyland Operation
Corp Neutral - Freelancer

That's 9 cards accounted for.

You’ll also find new
hardware (can be read as singular)
resources (plural)
icebreakers (plural)
(+5 cards)

ice (can be read as singular or plural)
agendas (plural)
assets (plural)
and upgrades (plural)
(+7 cards)

9+5+7 = 21

Something's wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j n
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:

9+5+7 = 21

Something's wrong.

Some of those plurals might reasonably refer to multiple copies of the same card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The sixty cards (three copies each of twenty different cards) in Trace Amount enable players to dabble with bold new deck configurations. The game’s runners each gain a new event while each of the corporations looks to fund new operations. You’ll also find new hardware, resources, icebreakers, ice, agendas, assets, and upgrades. Traces, tags, and links feature prominently.

Then the wording is inconsistent and conversational

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lactamaeon wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:

9+5+7 = 21

Something's wrong.

Some of those plurals might reasonably refer to multiple copies of the same card.

Or, agenda-assets!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Nowak
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't trust everything you read. The corporations often mislead and miscontrue facts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.