Subject: Card List Theory for Genesis: Trace Amount rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Card List Theory

This post is going to be the same as what I did for Genesis Cycle: What Lies Ahead (http://boardgamegeek.com/article/10059188). I'll update this if new information becomes availalbe.

I'm going to assume a few things based on what we already know about the previous Data Pack.

1) Each faction gets a minimum of two cards.
2) To keep the amount of cards for each faction even, in this cycle, when a faction gets a new Identity, they receive a total of 4 cards.

ID# Title Faction Type
21 Anarch Event
22 Anarch

23 Criminal Event
24 E3 Feedback Implant Criminal Hardware

26 Shaper
29 Haas-Bioroid
30 Haas-Bioroid

31 Jinteki Replicating Perfection Jinteki Identity
32 Fetal AI Jinteki Agenda
33 Trick of Light Jinteki Op
34 Jinteki

35 NBN
36 NBN

38 Weyland
40 Freelancer Neutral-C Op

Cards known, but without an ID:
Shaper Event
3 Corp Operations

This is the deduction process:

Card 34, Uroboros, was spoiled in the Genesis Cycle announcement.
Looks like we read the image wrong.

Card 40, Freelancer, was spoiled in the Genesis Cycle: Trace Amount announcement.

Cards 21-22 are Anarch because they're always listed first. Events are the first listed Runner card type, so the Anarch event is card 21.

Card 24 is Criminal. We can't say for sure what the first Criminal card is since we don't know how many cards Anarch is going to get. Likely it won't be 4. My guess is on 2, but there could be 3. (Update: spoiled later on.)

Cards 30-32 are Jinteki. We know that Anarch, Criminal, Shaper, and HB will all get at least 2 cards. This could make 29 the first Jinteki card. Since card 34 is NBN, card 33 could be the last Jinteki.
This was based on the assumption that Uroboros was card 34.

Cards 28 is HB. This is determined by the positioning of the Jinteki cards. It could the last or second to last (which would also be the first, assuming HB only gets 2 cards.)
More fallout from the assumption that Uroboros was card 34.

Card 26 is Shaper. Shaper cards can potentially fit into slots 25-27. Since there are at least 2 Shaper cards, 26 must be a Shaper.

I've run a half dozen scenarios as to what the other cards could be, but we don't have enough information to draw a definitive conclusion on what they could be.

Updated 2012-12-14: Card 24 is spoiled as E3 Feedback Implant for Criminal.

Updated 2012-12-27: Card 34 doesn't appear to be Uroboros. Added spoiled Jinteki cards.

Cards 31-33 are spoiled for Jinteki as Jinteki Replicating Perfection, Fetal AI, and Trick of Light.

Card 34 has to be the fourth Jinteki card since identities are always listed first.

Cards 29-30 is Haas-Bioriod and Cards 35-36 is NBN. Featured factions receive four cards, and we already know where Jinteki's four cards are.

Card 38 is Weyland. Possible scenarios: 1) NBN 35 36 37, Weyland 38 39, 2)NBN 35 36, Weyland 37 38 39, 3) NBN 35 36, Weyland 37 38, Neutral 39. In every case, Weyland always has 38.

Card 23 has to be the Criminal Event since Events come before hardware.

Updated 2013-01-07: With the recent spoiling of Trace Amount, with the exception of misreading the card number on Uroboros, we can see the final predictions were 100% accurate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They mentioned a new Jinteki ID in this pack, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kobold Curry Chef wrote:
They mentioned a new Jinteki ID in this pack, too.

Woops, I forgot to include that. Thanks for the reminder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the Corps isn't getting an operation.

With seven new events and operations, Trace Amount offers both Corps and Runners plenty of ways to catch their opponents by surprise.

and

The game’s runners each gain a new event while each of the corporations looks to fund new operations. You’ll also find new hardware, resources, icebreakers, ice, agendas, assets, and upgrades. Traces, tags, and links feature prominently.

One of the Operations is Neutral.
All of the Runners get a new event.

If it's NBN that doesn't get the Operation, then HB may start at 28, which leaves room for a Neutral Runner card.

It would also mean that Weyland would be due 4 cards without an Identity, or we'd have 2/3 Weyland and 2/1 additional Neutral Corp cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmmm, woops. I missed the part about the total of seven.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah D

Arlington
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:

If it's NBN that doesn't get the Operation, then HB may start at 28, which leaves room for a Neutral Runner card.

I'd agree with this thinking. It's unlikely the Runners won't get a single neutral card.

Also, NBN is going to get more use out of the neutral Op than any other Corp, so there's a degree of logic there as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We caught each other mid edit.

I am not convinced card 33 is an NBN Op.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep! I agree. If 33 is an NBN Operation there are no Neutral Runner cards, and that just seems off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah D

Arlington
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:

I think card 40 is the NBN Op, they're just feeling generous and letting the other Corporations have it for free

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
argus88 wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:

I think card 40 is the NBN Op, they're just feeling generous and letting the other Corporations have it for free

Who are you, Jythier?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that 26 is a Shaper going with the '2 per faction' assumption.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, GBG...

Consider doing a 'complete cycle (across all 6 datapacks) analysis'.

There are some interesting patterns/assumptions to draw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The assumption is a minimum of 2. However, with the large amount of space at the end of the table, we might have 3 Neutral Corp cards or an increase to the number of faction specific Corp cards.

One possible example:
Data Pack with Corp Identity 2: +1 NBN, 2 Neutral Corp Cards
Data Pack with Corp Identity 3: +1 Weyland, 2 Neutral Corp Cards
Data Pack with Corp Identity 4: +1 HB+Jinteki, 1 Neutral Corp Cards

If they increase the number of Corp cards, they can do the same for Runner cards. I'd rather we keep the list as conclusive as possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
Oh, GBG...

Consider doing a 'complete cycle (across all 6 datapacks) analysis'.

There are some interesting patterns/assumptions to draw.

GreatBucketGod wrote:
I've run a half dozen scenarios as to what the other cards could be

What I didn't mention in my original post is that among all the theories I've been testing, I've been plugging it in to the rest of the packs (specifically #5 and #6 where we know 2 and 1 card respectively.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not following, if 26 isn't a Shaper, then Shaper gets fewer than 2 cards in this expansion, which violates your assumptions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Nowak
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish I could play along here because it sounds fun trying to gather clues and figure out card numbers, but unfortunately I've been spoiled already and therefore can't participate in this activity without getting flatlined by FFG...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
badge
Pictured: Rags Raggerson, successful businesscat
mb
The numbering of Uroborus indicates one of the following:

1) One faction (Anarchs, Criminals, Shapers, Neutral-Runner, HB or NBN) is getting only 1 card

2) Neutral Runners are getting no cards (unlikely)

or

3) Neutral-Runner cards are at the end of the numbering (very unlikely)

My guess is that Neutral-Runner is only getting 1 card and Neutral Corp is getting 3 cards... which indicates future data packs will give extra neutral cards to the side whose faction is being focused on.

So the pattern is going to be

2 cards per faction (14)
1 neutral card for each side (2)
2 cards for the focused faction (2)
2 cards for the focused side or a second focused faction (2)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
I'm not following, if 26 isn't a Shaper, then Shaper gets fewer than 2 cards in this expansion, which violates your assumptions.

Oh, you're right. I was just looking at it the wrong way. You made it click, somehow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ffaristocrat wrote:
So the pattern is going to be

2 cards per faction (14)
1 neutral card for each side (2)
2 cards for the focused faction (2)
2 cards for the focused side or a second focused faction (2)

That's my theoretical conclusion as well. FFG may still get crazy on us though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
badge
Pictured: Rags Raggerson, successful businesscat
mb
Mateui wrote:
I wish I could play along here because it sounds fun trying to gather clues and figure out card numbers, but unfortunately I've been spoiled already and therefore can't participate in this activity without getting flatlined by FFG...

Mateusz Nowak - Corporate Betatester
Identity - Normal
Haas-Bioroid

Once per game, at the beginning of your turn, you may search your personal card collection for a corp card with at least 0 influence and place it on the top of R&D. (You may use a proxy for the card.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My presumption:

ID# Title Faction Type
21 Anarch Event
22 Anarch

23 Criminal
24 Criminal

25 Shaper
26 Shaper

27 Neutral-R
28 Haas-Bioroid
29 Haas-Bioroid

30 Jinteki
31 Jinteki
32 Jinteki
33 Jinteki

34 Uroboros NBN ICE
35 NBN

36 Weyland
37 Weyland

38 Neutral-C
39 Neutral-C
40 Freelancer Neutral-C Op

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GreatBucketGod wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:

Oh, you're right. I was just looking at it the wrong way. You made it click, somehow.

I've done far too many of those 'picross' puzzles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer: ninja

You ninja'd me with the "table!" They take forever to edit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Nowak
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ffaristocrat wrote:
Mateui wrote:

Mateusz Nowak - Corporate Betatester
Identity - Normal
Haas-Bioroid

Once per game, at the beginning of your turn, you may search your personal card collection for a corp card with at least 0 influence and place it on the top of R&D. (You may use a proxy for the card.)

Can I look like Adonis?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is why I think something is wacky. It could be they released the wrong image of a card, or they're changing the way they order cards.

Data Pack 5, Card 95 = NBN (Data Hound)

Data Pack 6, Card 115 = NBN (Project Beale)

We have 2 Runner IDs, NBN ID, and Weyland ID packs left.

There are 4 cards between the spoiled NBN cards and the last card (which is Neutral-Corp in most guesses so far.)

If Data Pack 5/6 are Runner packs, then those 4 cards would have to be NBN, NBN, Weyland, Wayland. This would give NBN 3 or more cards.

If Data Pack 5/6 is the NBN pack, then the pattern fits.

If Data Pack 5/6 is the Weyland pack, then the pattern of cards would have to be 113 NBN, 114 Weyland, 115 Weyland, 116 Weyland, 117 Weyland, 118 Neutral-Corp, 119 Neutral-Corp, 120 Neutral-Corp. This conflicts with Project Beale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.