SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blimey! Guess who's coming to Beyond Monopoly! this Saturday. Apart from you of course. And me. And twenty other gamers at least. Go on, guess! GUESS!

Can't guess?
TRY HARDER!!!

Okay, I'll tell. BBC Radio York will be visiting us to have a butchers and tape some interviews. So practise your soundbites on why Beyond Monopoly! is just the most fab thing that ever happened in York on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays each month. And bring somebody new to gaming. Or someone old.

Check out our thread:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/57583
or our wiki for more details:
http://bmyork.pbwiki.com/

Beyond Monopoly! is York's best gameclub, open 10.30am to 5.30pm at Guppys on Nunnery Lane. It's just a short walk from the railway station, and we get plenty of gamers from all around. You'll be very welcome, especially if you are new to german games.

We've got our dates sorted for the first quarter too, so BM! will complete a year of gaming.

Cheers,
Jon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathan Ridley
United Kingdom
Brighton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BBC Radio York at Beyond Monopoly! THIS SATURDAY 19th No
Doh, i wish i still lived in york! I even liven on Nunnery lane!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doh, I've got a games evening at my Church (only weekend I could get before Christmas). Am hoping to get a few friends, family and church members playing German Games though :)

Hope it goes really well Jon!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck with that Jon .... let's hope it brings you a load of new members.

We were on BBC Radio Stoke when we opened in June, which was a quick 5 minutes about the shop.

Coincidentally, we were all in the pub last night and this bloke came over from BBC TV Staffordshire (apparently local TV is going to do 10 minutes every hour on BBC "via the interactive button on your digital TV!") and he was interested on doing an article about our club.

Is Radio York on the web ?

Nick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jon,

I will do my best to attend. I'm afraid that moving house and settling in has taken priority over the past couple of weeks!

All the best

Dave

P.S. I'm planning to have a sore throat and lose my voice that day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruce connal
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, again great work. Thats it im moving to York.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiya,
BBC Radio York is on the web here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/england/radioyork/
and you can listen live over teh internets.

I have no idea which show we'll end up on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Bailey
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you know which show it was on? had a look and it only has a couple of shows that you can replay.

... looked some more. was it on the "Sat - 1200 - Gunny's Game show with Les Gunn"?

tristan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Tristan,
It wasn't live, it was a taped interview at the club. We should be going out in a week or so, I think on the Jerry Scott show in the afternoon.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/england/radioyork/presenters/jerry.shtm...

The woman who came to see us was Joanita Musisi, and she was very impressed. I talked to her about the club and german games, the usual spiel, and examples of popular games, good for Xmas that sort of thing. We got her to play Niagara for a bit, but then she had to go on to another appointment. But she wasn't expecting it to be so lively and sociable, lots of noise, so there should be a good atmosphere. I'm hoping it will be a great report and she did say that she would come back with her friends.

I should be warned when it goes out, so a chance for lots of taping please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Catley
United Kingdom
Hull
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Hey, that was my Niagara! I'll be famous! Not that I was actually playing it, but still...

I wish I had noticed this thread beforehand, I might not have wondered why that lady was poking a microphone in our direction, and why Cal suddenly seemed to launch into a pre-scripted speech... (Actually, he was very good; I expect he will be in the final edit, and so on).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for letting us us it Paul! Getting her to play a game made a positive difference.

Erm...you did read all the emails I sent out before hand telling everyone about her visit?? You do read my emails? Hello...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Catley
United Kingdom
Hull
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Good choice of game for the purpose, I thought. (At least, I hope so: I bought it to play with non-gamers! Haven't done so yet)

Just checked through my collection of comedy JP emails and I don't seem to have received that one. They were an entertaining re-read, though

Heard anything about the broadcast yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday 16th 4.15pm. But I'll put out lots of plugs before hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.