Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamie Shepherd
Canada
Tecumseh
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Played this for the second time tonight, and it struck me that this game REALLY needs a proper board. I understand the esthetic of the "season wheel" but that could easily be printed on a board. The score track could either be on one side or go around the outside (having enough space to fit more than one marker without stacking). Heck they could have even printed the "Player Boards" right on there too.

This would solve many problems. I find the little boards it comes with are too easily bumped and the cube markers are often knocked out of place. Especially when you are rolling a mitt-ful of hefty dice near them. Also my boards are warping BADLY... a player lost and energy under his player board tonight and the wheel actually spun around when I die bumped it.

Game play = awesome. Dice = awesome. Cards = passable (likely will sleeve). Boards = blech!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
WiltChamberlain wrote:
Game play = awesome. Dice = awesome. Cards = passable (likely will sleeve). Boards = blech!

Poker chips. That is all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Shepherd
Canada
Tecumseh
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eeeville wrote:
WiltChamberlain wrote:

Yeah... if I stack enough poker chips on my warped boards it might flaten them out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
WiltChamberlain wrote:
Eeeville wrote:
WiltChamberlain wrote:

Yeah... if I stack enough poker chips on my warped boards it might flaten them out.

Ask for replacement boards. I think you're the first person I've read that has mentioned this issue. It's certainly not widespread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
As with all dice games, be careful of where you roll the dice. Roll them into the lid to be sure that they don't hit anything.

I have no idea what more they could put on a board. Most of the game is a tableau, the board would either have to be huge... Or include player boards, still.

Effectively, there already is a board, it's just small.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eeeville wrote:
Ask for replacement boards. I think you're the first person I've read that has mentioned this issue. It's certainly not widespread.

Mine are flat and fine. I've never given them a second thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Milbrath
United States
Blaine
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven.
badge
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. - Isaiah 45:7
mbmbmbmbmb
Eeeville wrote:

Mine are slightly warped, too. Not enough to warrant a replacement, but they tend to spin on the table when you move a wooden cube on them. I just wish they had more room on the scoring board 4 Players gets a bit cramped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Couldn't they be mounted on either thick cardboard or thin wood? Or maybe give them a non-slippery backing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Bolland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Press PLAY
badge
Loooooooooooooooon!
mbmbmbmbmb
pickboy87 wrote:
Eeeville wrote:

Mine are slightly warped, too. Not enough to warrant a replacement, but they tend to spin on the table when you move a wooden cube on them. I just wish they had more room on the scoring board 4 Players gets a bit cramped.

Mine were slightly warped too, but it was very easy to gently flex them the other way. After a couple games, we no longer had issues.

The dice were the real problem. Things got a lot better when we started using a shoe box lid for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WiltChamberlain wrote:

I was very surprised by the fuzzy/pixelation of the printing for the cards. It's a bit disappointing. I like the Seasons board, but the score board definitely needs to be enlarged a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Howell
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played my first game tonight and I agree the player boards and especially the score board is just too small and fiddly. I like the poker chips idea for the scoring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.