Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Anderson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
General rule for Loot: Like Skills, playing Loot doesn't use your action for the round. Also, you play it to sit on the table in front of you. Unlike Skills, Loot stays in play round after round without any upkeep, theoretically forever. Most Loot has a condition under which it is discarded, in which case it is moved from play to your discard pile.

Armor of Mist: While Armor of Mist is in play in front of you, you draw a card from your deck every time you take a Wound.
Taking a Wound means moving a Wound card from the Wound stack to your discard pile.
If you would take a Wound but do not - for instance because it is prevented by Holy Aura or because there are no Wounds left in the stack or because Lesser Flamewrack causes you to take a Burn instead - you do not draw a card for Armor of Mist.

*The "once per round" nature of this card is card-specific errata*
Elixir of Life: Once per round while Elixir of Life is in play, you may spend a Coin to draw a card. If you do, you may then also return a Wound from your hand to the Wound stack.
You may discard Elixir of Life from play to return a Corpse or Affliction card from the active Town area to its stack.
Freezes are not Afflictions. There are currently no Afflictions that go into the Town area - this ability was designed looking forward to the expansions.
You are not required to be discarding Elixir of Life from play in order to use its "spend a Coin" ability.
If you cannot hire a Villager or Build a Wall this round, you should not remove a Corpse if the 5 active cards in Town are the only cards left in the Town deck. See http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/868672/errata for details.

Lightning Daggers: While any hero (including you) is resolving an Attack card, you may discard Lightning Daggers from in play to make that Attack deal +1 hit. If you do, the hero who played the Attack draws a card.

Shining Blade: While Shining Blade is in play, all Attack cards you play are Quick Actions.
You may discard Shining Blade from play when playing an Attack. If you do, the Attack deals an extra +2 hits.
Shining Blade can only grant its bonuses to your Attacks, not those of your allies.
When you discard Shining Blade for bonus hits, the Attack getting the bonus still counts as Quick even though Shining Blade is no longer in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hickey
msg tools
mbmbmb
Is the "you can only have one copy of this card in play at a time" thing still your intention with regards to loot?

I ask because of lightning daggers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas PDX
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
+1 on Patrick's question below.

Additionally, I have this other question regarding Lightning Daggers:

You are the attacker. You also have a lightning dagger in front of you which you discard to get +1 hit and draw an extra card. The deck pile is empty, you shuffle the discard pile into a new deck and draw from there.

By playing like this it means that you can be drawing the same lightning dagger card again (I just had this happen in a recent game). Is the intended behavior?

And if it is the intended behavior, are you then allowed to play the new lightning dagger, discard for another +1 hit and another new card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure about this, but...

I think it's reasonable that you can draw the same Lighting Daggers card after a reshuffle.

However I don't think is reasonable to play a card in the middle of another card's resolution; so I'd forbid to play the "second copy" of Lightning Daggers during the attack itself (but it can be played later in the same turn).

Please note that "using" Lightning Daggers (i.e.: discarding them) is not the same as "playing" them (i.e.: putting them in your play area).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.