Hide
5 Posts

Schlock Mercenary: Capital Offensive» Forums » Rules

Subject: Petey rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacques Daulas
msg tools
I've just played my first scenario with Petey for the Toughs and... I have some problems...

1/ Does his ability to move THROUGH infrastructure allow him to end his movement in an Infrastructure square? We assumed it did not, but, if it does, how are LoS (and armor) dealt with in this case?

2/ His Automiss bar for his "Security Lasers" Special Action is not correctly printed and I don't know what is the situation for the "4" result: the square is completely white, which makes us think it was supposed to be a hit (white number on red background and the background was "lost"). I seem to remember reading something about it previously, but I can't find where (forum or Kickstart mails).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Vitek
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) He may end his move inside infrastructure. The rules state that infrastructure is considered to be surrounded on all 4 sides by walls. LoS can't normally trace through walls. However, you can still hit him with grenades, so he explodes very easily when people have grenades and he does this. What is the question about armor?

2) Petey's Automiss bar should be 1,3,5 are White Numbers on red background. 2,4,6 are Black numbers on a white background. Petey's automisses are 2,4,6. When the card was printed, the black 4 was not printed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacques Daulas
msg tools
Nich wrote:
1) He may end his move inside infrastructure. The rules state that infrastructure is considered to be surrounded on all 4 sides by walls. LoS can't normally trace through walls. However, you can still hit him with grenades, so he explodes very easily when people have grenades and he does this. What is the question about armor?

This is really powerful, especially considering he can shoot from other Infrastructures...

Concerning the armor, I thought, at first, that, while Petey was inside an Infrastructure square, this square would be considered "transparent", but giving him additional Armor tokens to reflect the fact he was inside.

But, okay, I understand. Only grenades and breacher rounds allow opponents to shoot him... Undeniably powerful, but not impossible to harm.
Nich# wrote:
2) Petey's Automiss bar should be 1,3,5 are White Numbers on red background. 2,4,6 are Black numbers on a white background. Petey's automisses are 2,4,6. When the card was printed, the black 4 was not printed.

Okay. I'll modify the card by hand (a good thing I waited for your answer, since I thought it was only a "2,6" automiss)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luther Hendricks
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Also note that if you lob a grenade in, he's got walls on all 4 sides, which means an extra 4 dice to the attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Vitek
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Meaning that Petey being hit with a 9d AM 1,2 attack will likely result in Petey being eliminated. Poor Petey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.