Subject: GOOD new party games out there? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank McGirk
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

I'm looking for any suggestions for games to sell around Christmas time.

I've got a good selection right now of Time's Up, Smarty Party, Dixit, Word on the Street, Wits and Wagers, Jungle Speed, Spot It...but wondering if I'm missing another jem that's coming out.

Because this is for my store (and it's my first Christmas season...just opened in July)...Kickstarter or other games that aren't available through distributors won't "help" exactly, but lemme know if there's something I should really be keeping my eye out for.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
There were a couple of R&R games at the top of this year's GAMES Magazine Top Party games list. One was Pass-Ackwords and the other was the poorly named Pluckin' Pairs. I've played the first one in prototype form and it was very good. I have not played the other, but given that Compatibility is one of the very best party games of all time, I suspect this one is very good as well.

And, of course, you can't go wrong with Telestrations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Harlan
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
We have a peanut butter cookie problem!
badge
Bert, what utter nonsense!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Resistance reprint as well as The Resistance: Avalon.

For the "TableTop" crowd make sure you have Say Anything, Zombie Dice, Tsuro, etc.

The hot new party games at GenCon seemed to be FlowerFall and Snake Oil.

+1 for Telestrations. Not really new, but the 12 player edition came out this year, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Britton Roney
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Werewolves of Miller's Hollow Special edition - new edition from Asmodee

Dancing Eggs - only listed as for 4 players but I use this one as a party game, especially with kids

Disney Apples to Apples - I have to include this one as I've been playing it pretty much every day with my 4 year old.

+1 to Dixit, though you need Dixit Odyssey for sure

Panic on Wall Street - new edition of Masters of Commerce from Asmodee. Loud and frantic for up to 11 players (disclaimer: I designed this game).

Go Away Monster - So I've been playing a lot of games with 2 and 4 year olds recently...

Perudo - quality version of liar's dice.

(So these are not all new, but neither are all the games on your list)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Pluckin' Pairs is great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Chen
msg tools
happy stupid

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nadine Sehnert
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Snake Oil is my favorite new party game. This has been a big hit with our local Meetup group. This is especially good for families, groups of multiple ages - anyone who wants to end up laughing a lot during the play of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arma Geddon
msg tools
badge

FLEE, it's Apocalypto time !!

a new party game by 666 Games. You can bring this to any table with guaranteed results !!! Can be played under 30 minutes ! Only suitable with the right crowd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Puddy
msg tools
We played Un-Dumb last night guys vs. girls and the guys crushed them. Great pop-culture trivia game with questions for everyone. Highly recommend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an amazing party game: 2R1G PBF 17 - The Wedding Crashers - BLUE WINS -- come join us!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
totald1010 wrote:
We played Un-Dumb last night guys vs. girls and the guys crushed them. Great pop-culture trivia game with questions for everyone. Highly recommend.

Hmmm. Not accusing. But a brand spankin' new user (created today) with a fictional name (from a pop culture reference, at that--Seinfeld) comes in trumpeting a game that's got its own web page (with at east one misspelling/grammatical error), but isn't even in the BGG database yet. Smells like a little shilling to me.

Could well be a good game, but the praise doesn't sound fully unbiased to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celeste Danjolell
msg tools
Hi Frank. Hope your store is doing very, very well. You may be interested in a party game about food. Dish It Out Foodie. It's like Trivial Pursuit and the people who have played it really got into it and had a lot of fun interacting with each other. Great for hanging out at a party or after a dinner party. It's an indie game just getting it's start. Check out: www.dishitoutfoodie.
Thanks.
Celeste
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bentley
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I recently attempted to design a party game that doesn't suck:

Stinker! – new word game/party game of doofy anagrammed responses

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.