Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Berg Asklev Hansen
Denmark
Vejle
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As the ruleset so brilliantly reward historical tactics and punish gamey stuff, I was wondering why you even put a stacking rule in the rules?

Why not let players mass their men thightly if either the situation dictates so risky moves, or if players are to stupid to think of better plans?

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Must be all those sergeants shouting "Spread out! Don't bunch up you idiots!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd suspect there should be some sort of staking limit, from physical impossibility if nothing else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
I originally did not have a stacking limit in the game. As you mention, the game system rewards the right behavior of spreading out troops. However, there were certain situations in the game, like a last turn melee for example, where a player would want to throw tons of squads into one hex. Instead of coming up with special rules to deal with those situations, it was easier to just say - two squads are the limit - knowing that you rarely have more than one squad in a hex, anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Berg Asklev Hansen
Denmark
Vejle
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes sense, and I guess you could always make a scenario special rule exception if the situation warranted it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.