United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was able to play about 1/3 of a basic, cardless game this afternoon. I explained the game and we had to check the rules several times. If there was a good summary sheet the game would have gone quicker, and I wouldn't complain about the game length as it was.

I'm really looking forward to the full game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We can only hope that they'll release the digital rules soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect it won't be until after the surveys are done. I hope it will be sooner, but we won't know until we see them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beyer
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
more.
badge
Bobby4th wrote:
...If there was a good summary sheet the game would have gone quicker, and I wouldn't complain about the game length as it was.

I'm really looking forward to the full game!

I am actually working on putting a cheat sheet together, but in a VERY condensed format. Something like one a4 page for all the rules. I'll post it if I actually finish it. Don't hold your breath.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
So, are we really expecting this game to hit our door steps in November? That was what I gathered from their last couple updates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Matecha
United States
Florence
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played two side-by-side games before the survey to see how much we liked Dreadball and decide on what extras to order. The experience was just so-so and none of my group wanted to order anything.

If Mantic had released the full rules and player aids early on they would have sold more product.

A good cheat sheet would be great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beyer
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
more.
badge
Fallow wrote:
We played two side-by-side games before the survey to see how much we liked Dreadball and decide on what extras to order. The experience was just so-so and none of my group wanted to order anything.

What didn't you like about the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wow, cool looking boards!

I hope they also make a little short story/background for each MVP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some good cheat sheets over on the Dreadball Fantatic Faceboook group in the files section.

I also came up with a simple trick to keep track of action tokens spent on players.

http://mainedreadball.blogspot.com/2012/10/tracking-actions-...

Simple, and helpful when learning the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, I don't Facebook. I do not have an account and find the pages hard to navigate when I can actually get on a page.

What I am working on is a listing of the actions a player can take, what positions can take the action, the modifiers for the action, and any bonuses for doubling.

The trick is finding a way to format in such a way that it is easy to read and use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Matecha
United States
Florence
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stunke wrote:
Fallow wrote:

What didn't you like about the game?

We only played 2 games, not enough for a true test of course.

In one game it seemed like each team scored in almost every rush. No one could pin anyone down long because they doubled standing up for an extra action then ran and scored.

In the other game each team only scored once for one point each. Slams worked well but everyone seemed to fail standing up or shooting at the strike zone.

It seemed very luck dependent to us and my opponent was rolling so terribly he had 4 in the sin bin at one point.

Now the cards or the full rules may change all that but Mantic has kept that to themselves for some reason I cannot fathom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
Fallow wrote:
Now the cards or the full rules may change all that but Mantic has kept that to themselves for some reason I cannot fathom.

Maybe because the distribution system for the full rules is though the Wargames Vault? That requires an e-mail address which will be the one used in Kickstarter and they will set them all up at once, when everyone has finished their surveys and they have been processed.

And, you know, putting the cards up for free for everyone to download would be giving the whole darned game away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Matecha
United States
Florence
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel that designers should always post their rules before the Kickstarter ends, unless all they are selling is rules of course.

I agree they shouldn't post images of all the cards but they could show a few of each type.

Another way to boost sales would be to put up a video of a full or 1/2 game showing all the rules and cards in play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beyer
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
more.
badge
Bobby4th wrote:
...If there was a good summary sheet ...

I put one together and uploaded it. It should have the most commonly occurring rules from the preview rules on 1 A4 page, with brief explanation of the nomenclature on the first page.

Don't know how fast moderators are.

Let me know if you read the summary and feel like more should be added or altered.

Edit: I see someone already posted a more visual summary of the rules. Now you can pick and choose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.