7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Board games turning into a iOS app rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Isaac Heres
Israel
flag msg tools
Has there been many board games getting the iOS app treatment, will the future of boardgaming be going digital? I already found an app to Can't Stop, but I don't see Qwirkle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bowles
Australia
Tatura
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
umm.. well as a recommendation, I think that Board games should remain in physical board form, in tandem with electronic/online reproductions of them.

For me the whole appeal is getting to know other people. (Though I also like to play my favourite game and win something now and again whistle)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane Josephy
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boardgamefreak2geek wrote:
Has there been many board games getting the iOS app treatment, will the future of boardgaming be going digital? I already found an app to Can't Stop, but I don't see Qwirkle.

Isaac, there have been A LOT of boardgames adaptations to iOS recently, from Dominion to Ghost Stories, from Caylus to Puerto Rico...
It is an ever-growing trend, and I'm very happy with it, as long as it doesn't kill the cardboard versions.
But I'm not aware of a Qwirkle version, either available or in development. That might be a nice licence, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Heres
Israel
flag msg tools
nounet wrote:
Boardgamefreak2geek wrote:

Isaac, there have been A LOT of boardgames adaptations to iOS recently, from Dominion to Ghost Stories, from Caylus to Puerto Rico...
It is an ever-growing trend, and I'm very happy with it, as long as it doesn't kill the cardboard versions.
But I'm not aware of a Qwirkle version, either available or in development. That might be a nice licence, though.

Is there a list of all the iOS app board games? Maybe Qwirkle will be up there soon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tea or Coffee?
United States
Ellisville
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is/was a Qwirkle clone in the iOS app store.

I can't remember the name...but I've heard it's pretty good.

Remembered the name after posting: "Tricky 6". Don't know how to link to iTunes though, sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan James
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
Professor, isn't it time for your nap?
badge
YES, DAMMIT!
mbmbmbmbmb
Geeklist: iOS Versions of Board Games

Also this one: iPhone Board Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.