Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlos Alves
Portugal
Setubal
Setubal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I need some clarification if the previous game session with my friend that has this cool game. I don't know if we played right, since it was his 2nd play and my 1st play.

My Friend: Beastmaster
Me: Wizard

Round situation:
The wizard has 2 creatures and 1 Mana Crystal with Harmonize Spell and the beastmsater has 2 creatures at the same zone as the wizard. THe beastmaster has a panther with 2 revelead enchantments with flight, +1 melee enchantments and 1 unrevelead enchantment.

The wizard already has 1 enchantment, mark for the Death, placed by beastmaster.

At the begining of beastmaster initiation, before activating any creature, he quickcast his Battle Fury incantation to his panther creature. The wizard can use his quickcasting in response to that incantation with Reverse Magic since the enchantment has a quickcast symbol.

We have a little arguing and he said it couldn't make sense since the enchantment must be there first. Can't be use as counterspell.

We all played Magic and WOW TCG years ago and this games reminds a bit of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Stapleton
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
Here is where things are a little different than Magic and WoW. You can only cast a spell in your turn (Unless the card says otherwise).

So for reverse magic to work it must already be face down on the target of the incantation or enchantment spell. In this case the opponents panther creature.

The other thing of note is the enchantments with the red circle on their reveal costs MUST be revealed when the reveal conditions are meet. Like here if a creature has the reverse magic face down on it and the first spell is something not all that great you still must reveal it to redirect the spell to the caster.

I hope that helps.
Thanks
-Ryan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
One other note, Harmonize does not work with Mana Crystals, Mana Flowers or Moonglow Amulet. The object it is harmonizing with has to have innate channeling and those three items all confer channeling to the controller.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Alves
Portugal
Setubal
Setubal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for clarifications.
Will play better next time with my friend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.