Hide
12 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: Capital Ships to scale with X-Wing minis rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
aaron lathrop
msg tools
So I was reading the making of in the back of the rule book and saw that the exact scale they used was 1/270. SO I thought I'd do a little scale chart for larger SW ships. Here goes!

Tantive IV (Corellian Corvette)
Actual ship: 150 meters
In game: 21.66 inches

note: Doable for a SW Minis game though given the cost of the little guys this would probably be a prohibitively expensive piece.

Imperial I class Star Destroyer
Actual Ship: 1600 Meters
In Game: 19 feet 3 inches

note: If it were to ever happen I'm guessing we'd only ever see it at a con as a promo event.

Victory I class Star Destoryer
Actual Ship 900 meters
In Game: 10 feet 10 inches

Nebulon B Frigate
Actual Ship: 300 meters
In Game: 43.33 Inches

GR75 Medium Transport
Actual Ship: 90 Meters
In Game: 13 inches

note: Doable, also it should be noted these were able to be re-equiped as light combat vessels so it's feasible.

So just a couple ships to think about. You may now commence dreaming....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Teo
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks! i was actually thinking scale wise which is doable
what about B-wing, the other ships from the PC game series like the bounty hunters etc? any idea?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Heiser
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a thread with a bunch of different ships and their size at game scale: List of common starships with scale
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Burke
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
Part Owner, Gen Con Games Library
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the GR-75... that's the "Gallofree," isn't it? That'd be a cool "protect the transport."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
rheiser wrote:
Here's a thread with a bunch of different ships and their size at game scale: List of common starships with scale

Aye, with tons more ships, and using real measurement units

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lieffring
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
haslo wrote:
rheiser wrote:

Aye, with tons more ships, and using real measurement units

None of the units in this thread involve the square root of a negative number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jburke98 wrote:
the GR-75... that's the "Gallofree," isn't it? That'd be a cool "protect the transport."

It is, and the GR-45 is an even more managable 8.75" (22.2 cm) in 1/270 scale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Harvey
msg tools
Does anyone know if there's a transport toy that's close to the right size? Using that instead of the senators shuttle would be a lot of fun. Also, I'd love a model of the Tantive, though as pointed out in other threads, something that big should be able to be stopped in contact with to represent flying over it I think, since it would take up so much room on the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Warlock of
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am planning to mod my car as an X-Wing scale Star Destroyer. Pics to follow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so how wide would the Death Star be? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
She wore! She wore! She wore a yellow ribbon! She wore a yellow ribbon in the merry month of May, And when I asked her why she wore that ribbon,
badge
She said, "It's for the Arsenal and we’re going to Wembley!" Wembley! Wembley! We’re the famous Arsenal and we’re going to Wembley!
mbmbmbmbmb
tlee33 wrote:
so how wide would the Death Star be? whistle

The first Death Star would be about 590 meters at 1/270 scale. The second Death Star would be 3.33 kilometers. Anyone going to build one for us?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
WillisRBC wrote:
Does anyone know if there's a transport toy that's close to the right size? Using that instead of the senators shuttle would be a lot of fun. Also, I'd love a model of the Tantive, though as pointed out in other threads, something that big should be able to be stopped in contact with to represent flying over it I think, since it would take up so much room on the map.

No models of the GR-75 that are the right size/scale. Most are about 2/3 to 3/4 of the right size. Though, they would still look cool on the table.

The MPC Rebel Base Snap Model Kit has a GR-75 that is roughly 9.25"/24cm long. Which is pretty close to the GR-45's 22.2cm

http://www.starwarsmodels.com/rebelbase.html

The Micro Machines Rebel Transport Playset is about 10.75"/27 cm long.

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2012/03/the_10_greatest_star_war... (Playset #6)

I am planning to modify the MPC one to look like a GR-45 and will likely paint it up in the rust/brown tones as seen in A New Hope.

That same kit also comes with some Y-Ying and X-Wing fighters, snowspeeders and 'lil people. I will see how well the ships convert to Uglies or Z-95 Headhunters.

I will then paint up the other as a GR-75, just not to scale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.