Popular Tags: [View All]
Garrett Potvin
United States
Brooklyn Park
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a post/thread regarding a St. Pete expansion coming out in a German gaming magazine that was deleted from BGG. Does anyone have any news about the expansion or why the thread was deleted (and no I am not talking about the exisiting post under announcements I know that is still there and references the same German magazine)?

Thanks for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Spielbox has the bonus cards in their next issue:

(German details w/ final English Sentence):
http://www.spielbox.de/php/aktuell.php4?anz_id=1041

If you want the issue, check here:
http://www.spielbox.de/sbmain/sbbest056e.php

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hm, i'd love to get my hands on this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Vögel
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
I've been on this site for 15 years now, and I'm far from sick of games, but I think I prefer a better balance of favorites to new games. I'm also tired of playing 4+ hr multiplayer games, but I'll still happily play really long games 2 player.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jay Tummelson answered an e-mail from me that confirms that Rio Grande will be offering this expansion as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Potvin
United States
Brooklyn Park
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is going to include 12 different cards. Does anyone have a manifest of what cards are going to be included?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
8 mistresses and 4 summary cards with updated, accellerated scoring for aristocrats arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Degann
United States
Tarzana
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
8 mistresses and 4 summary cards with updated, accellerated scoring for aristocrats

Oh really? Folks think that aristocrats score too low?
Perhaps what is meant is that it is not as progressive, so that in the future, a few aristocrats score more, and later ones don't add quite so many points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ralf gutzeit
Canada
toronto
ontario
flag msg tools
I typically use the Aristocrat/Worker strategy. I go alittle lighter on Buildings and Specials(square on backs). Overall, I like the card expansion but they didn't address my(minor) issues with buildings and Specials. In the expansion(small,10 cards) there is no reason to have 2 weg damit! cards. That is a waste. The bankett might be too powerful. I would have included instead the following: Super Observatory and a nice middling building costing 14 but has generous vps. Likely I also would have added another card which gives discounts on buildings over a cost of 14. The Super Observatory allows the holder of the card the option at the end of the round to look at the top card from the Special Deck (square on back symbol) and place it on top of a card which will be carried over to the next round. The covered up card gets discarded. Then the round ends and the remaining cards slide down to the bottom row as per usual. This creates interesting choices as the cheaper workers may not always be bought first in this situation. It also injects more special cards into the game. Keep in mind that the player may decide to discard the card if it is not to his liking and place it in discard pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrea melegari
Italy
parma
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
i was really disappointed with this expansion.I love S.Petersburg but the new cards are unuseless or very powerful so that the game becomes too much unbalanced and luck driven.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
Drewcooter wrote:
Does anyone have a manifest of what cards are going to be included?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.