Hide
6 Posts

Magic: The Gathering» Forums » Rules

Subject: Balefire dragon lifelink rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd S
msg tools
Okay so I have a balefire dragon. It's a 6/6 flying and it's ability I whenever I deal damage to a target player with it it deals equal damage to all of that players creatures.
My question is if I put my lifelink card on balefire dragon and it deals 6 to the player and all of his or hers creatures do I gain 6 for the damage to the player and all the creatures it its too? Or just the player??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Burbine
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, firstly, welcome to the forums.

Secondly, this is the general gaming forums for all board games here on BGG. You're probably looking for the MtG subforum.

Thirdly, yes, with lifelink, you will gain life equal to all of the damage that Balefire Dragon does. Because the ability states that "Balefire Dragon" deals the damage, you will gain life from damage done this way. So, you'll gain 6 life immediately when combat damage is dealt. Then, once the trigger resolves in the "End Combat" step (I believe), you'll gain 6 for each creature your opponents control, barring any creatures with protection from Red or Dragons, and any creatures that prevent damage in other ways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd S
msg tools
Thanks you a lot. And I'm sorry. This was my first forum ever. But thank you for clearing that up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Todd,

welcome to BGG!

Questions on specific games are best asked in that game's forum.
I've looked up Balefire Dragon and it seems to be from Magic: The Gathering, so the correct forum would be http://www.boardgamegeek.com/forums/thing/463/magic-the-gath...

I've suggested your thread to be moved by an admin so that more Magic players will see your question and hopefully be able to answer it.

Edit: Well, Andrew beat me by three seconds. Damn, I'm slow today!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Magic: The Gathering: Rules

User sent link just in case they haven't discovered the subscribe system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Occhipinti
United States
Decorah
Iowa
flag msg tools
Magic Fanboy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You gain life for all the damage done, so if, for example, you have 5 1/1 humans and I cast Moment of Heroism on my Balefire Dragon making it an 8/8 lifelinker and I hit you with it, it will deal 8 damage to you, and I will gain 6*8 = 48 life.

Edit: Oops, someone did answer! I even checked!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.