Storm Hollow: A Storyboard Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Fox and Cat in Story Realms rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Davenport
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Lately, I've been thinking about that infamous duo of con artists, Fox and Cat.

If they're in the game, what role will they play? What will they look like? Will they be miscreants (as usual) or have they turned over a new leaf? Are they still semi-poor, or have they risen to luxury and privilege?

Please comment!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess not so infamous. What Fox and Cat duo are you talking about?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davenport
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Dnasearchr wrote:
I guess not so infamous. What Fox and Cat duo are you talking about?

The duo from Pinocchio.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a looooong time since I saw that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harper
United Kingdom
Wantage
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Davenport42 wrote:
The duo from Pinocchio.

I'm pretty sure they are Disney-created characters, not from the original story, so it may be a bit expensive to include them in the game. I may be wrong, of course. It happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge Gagnon
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The original folk tales (I'm more familiar with the brothers Grimm version) about the Cat and the Fox is more about practicality VS cunning. The two animals are debating who is 'smarter'. The fox claims he has 'many tricks' up his sleeve to show his cunning. Then they hear hunting dogs coming after them. The cat runs up a tree and hides while the fox ever so tries to outsmart the dogs (always trying to decide which strategy to use) and eventually gets caught.

I'm not familiar with the Pinocchio characters (disney based or otherwise) but I believe their story is quite different from the fables. Either way, I'm also quite interested in Animal based allies (or enemies) and their role in the Rifts of Storm Hollow.

Have a great day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Escapade Crew
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
polyobsessive wrote:
Davenport42 wrote:
The duo from Pinocchio.

I'm pretty sure they are Disney-created characters, not from the original story, so it may be a bit expensive to include them in the game. I may be wrong, of course. It happens.

The Fox and Cat brought up here originally appeared in the novel "The Advetures of Pinnichio", which is in the public domain, and therefore characters that might make an appearance in Story Realms. We won't be licensing any characters to appear in the game, so anything that is not available in the public domain will only be referenced indirectly (those stories still happened in Storm Hollow, since its the land where all the stories happened, we just won't be writing about them specifically).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Triu Greykith
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Escapade Games wrote:
(those stories still happened in Storm Hollow, since its the land where all the stories happened, we just won't be writing about them specifically).

Such as that faun who likes tea? Mister T, you might say ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Escapade Crew
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
Triu wrote:

Such as that faun who likes tea? Mister T, you might say ...

you could certainly call him that! Actually YOU (the players) can call him whatever you want, it's we, the deaigners/writers, who have to do a lot of research, make tough calls about some of our favorite inspirations, and be careful with our wording. I can't always write things the way I would tell them to my own children, but we're doing the best we can to populate the world as stories with fantastic yet familiar tales, of course with a unique Story Realms twist...

Also thanks for noticing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zab Lab
msg tools
mbmbmbmb

something like this? or is it too dark?

oh, and they are not a Disney creation, they are from the italian original poem by Carlo Collodi http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fox_and_the_Cat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.