Last Night on Earth: Timber Peak» Forums » Rules

Subject: a few rules questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1: in general you can only prevent wounds outside of fights unless specifically allowed to.
But in case a fire starts an explosion and kills a hero; since it doesnt happen during a fight, you can use any card/function/ability to prevent/heal the wounds, even bandages thus stay alive? it makes explosions less dangerous

2: several zombie cards are not 'Fight:..' cards but still the wording says they take effect after a fight, does this mean that you could actually play several such cards for a single fight? ie you play 1 fight card during the fight and any number of 'non-fight' cards which take effect after a fight but all relating to a single (the same) fight?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
another issue;
if playing 'vanilla', since there are only 6 heroes in timber peak, the moment the 3rd hero dies (but scenario doesnt end yet), do you re-use one of the already dead heroes to replenish or just continue with only 3 heroes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renee McIntyre
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can prevent a wound during the resolution step of a fight. Otherwise cards that prevent wounds are pretty useless. If you throw dynamite and fill all the heroes health boxes, you can try to prevent each wound. If the health boxes are full, you can't use bandages cause you're dead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
another issue;
if playing 'vanilla', since there are only 6 heroes in timber peak, the moment the 3rd hero dies (but scenario doesn't end yet), do you re-use one of the already dead heroes to replenish or just continue with only 3 heroes?

I would say you just continue with 3, especially since the first two characters that died are probably Zombie Heroes. And even if they weren't, you did see them die at some point, right? What would be the explanation that they came back?

Well, I guess you could say, "Sheriff! We saw you get taken down by a pack of zombies!" "You may have *thought* you saw that..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
its in regards of the "heroes always replenish" rule, as you cant replenish at that point without reusing those that already died (you could imagine them representing a similar hero (looks same) but a different individual (ie not that he actually came back of the dead).
one of the previous zombie heroes could already have died meanwhile (its generally a good idea to kill these first).
being down to 3 heroes would certainly hinder the heroes' chances to win

regarding the healing of wounds during explosions, I really dont see where it says in the rulebook that you cant?
the term "at any time" on most healing cards seems to allow it to be used at the same time of an explosion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt T
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
1 - I believe Renee is right, unless the card specifies that a wound is being prevented, it won't help in a Killed situation. A hero is dead when all of their wound spaces are filled, and something like an explosion immediately fills all of them. Cards like Bandages are worded so that you remove a wound that has already been taken, but in this case the hero is dead before that chance comes up. Of course, if you manage to prevent one of those wounds, then you'd be able to use any other healing card to fix the rest of them.

I think the line from the book you're looking for is on page 15 (I just found a digital copy): "When the last Health Box is filled, the Hero (or Zombie Hero) is killed and removed from the board."

2 - You are right, as long as they aren't labeled as "Fight" cards, you can play as many as you want. So you can use Vicious Attack in the fight, then Infected (assuming zombies won) and Unrelenting Attack immediately after the fight is resolved.

3 - I'm probably being stupid here, but what do you mean by vanilla? If you mean TP just as-is, I believe all of the scenarios that came with it have a 2-3 Hero kill limit attached to them for that exact reason. If you're using a scenario from another game, I think it's safe to grab another hero from that one as well. Or go with respawning a non-zombie Hero that was already used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.