Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
zel zelus
Australia
sydney
nsw
flag msg tools
mb
Playing solitaire: If I have 2 insurgents and a base does that mean I must create another base (assuming no stacking problems) and thus have two bases there vulnerable?? All other point say "in other". Seems silly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, all I know after two games Solo is that the AI is either very brutal and effective or lazy and ineffective. I had AUC one time Rally a bunch of times in a roll when in a real game they obviously would have done something different. The solo games are difficult I think and so you have to capitalize on the AI mistakes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The reason is that the bots emphasize building Bases in an effort to exhaust the Govt player's ability to eliminate them all. It does mean some Bases will be exposed.

You can alter this bot strategy by reversing the priority order of the first 2 bullets in the NP Rally boxes, so that Bases already threatened by Govt presence are covered rather than exposed.

Volko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance G
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
...determines everything.
badge
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a good question. I though the same on the first solo foray. But I stuck with the flowchart and even on the seemingly ill-informed random placements only to learn a valuable lesson as Gov. If you chase the freebies it will bite you in the long haul. Especially if the cartels are having a fortunate run at getting bases placed.

All that said in presumption that the bot factions are well past the rally phase and deeper into their flowcharts. Once you find yourself out of position it's difficult to pull in the troops and handle the chaos in a timely manner.

In short plan out a better management strategy and get a base in the forest somewhere so you can more efficiently "police" all factions in nearby areas. Play for the endgame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zel zelus
Australia
sydney
nsw
flag msg tools
mb
I would have thought build a base if 3+ guerillas in an area would be smarter for the Bot (ie what a player would do)..as currently the Govt merely sends in an airstrike on the unprotected double base to take one out without any risk/effort.

I may try reversing the two points but dont think that would change this situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We tried that, but the Bases got built too slowly.

An Airstrike uses up a precious Government Special activity, so is far from cost free. For sake of comparison, consider that an Eradication can take out 2 Cartels Bases even if protected.

vfr
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.