Germany
Heusenstamm
Hessen
flag msg tools
publisher
Also: GameDev&Editor
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am having a little trouble understanding Spellbinding. Say I prepared magewand and a creature during the planning phase. Now I cast magewand with my mage. May I now look into my my spellbook again and put out any spell I like that fulfills the reqs even if i did not prepare it? Is this the only time I can cast a spell I did not prepare?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Essentially, yes. This is one of the few times you can dip into your spell book outside of the planning phase.
Very cool, huh!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Guytan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note: You can't CAST the spell in the same action that you are binding to the wand when you cast Magewand. You can only BIND it to the wand, and then cast the bound spell immediately if you didn't use your mage's other action yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Schoenheiter
Germany
Heusenstamm
Hessen
flag msg tools
publisher
Also: GameDev&Editor
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you - yeah that much I got
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Dugger
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Can I spellbinding a spell onto my wand and cast it in the same round?

Is spellbinding a quick action (ie. quick cast) or a full action?

I'm trying to bind chain lightning to my elemental wand.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Madd
United States
Statesboro
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As soon as you cast an object with Spellbind, like Elemental Wand, you immediately get a spell out of your book to bind to it. This is part of the casting of Elemental Wand and does not require a separate action. You could then use the bound spell during the same round.

With Elemental Wand specifically, you do have the option to change the spell bound to it with a Quick Spell for 3 Mana (as written on the card) after which time you could use the new spell (possibly in the same round by using your Quick Cast Marker).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.