Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffrey Drozek-Fitzwater
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love NBN's style, but it's certainly not the strongest corp in the basic set. I want to try and make more money and maximize my tagging potential (and obviously take advantage of it), which is what I'm going for here.

Agendas:
2x Private Security Force
3x Priority Requisition
3x Breaking News
3x AutoScript Pilot Program
(Note: I really hate having three Requisitions, but I needed the points to make the deck legal. Suggestions on this welcome.)

Assets:
1 Snare!
3x PAD Campaign
1 Melange Mining Group
2x Ghost Branch
(Note: I feel NBN is pretty good with the misdirection, so adding Snare! helps this.)

ICE:
1 Shadow
1 Ice Wall
2x Cell Portal
3x Wall of Static
3x Hunter
2x Enigma
2x Tollbooth
1 Matrix Analyzer
2x Data Raven
(Note: 4 Barriers, 6 Code Gates, 7 Sentries. I think this is a decent balance. I'm trying to either tag or end the run with my Ice. The theory of the Cell Portal is to try and send runners back through tag Ices.)

Operations:
1 Scorched Earth
1 Archived Memories
3x Hedge Fund
2x SEA Source
2x Psychographics
2x Closed Accounts
2x Anonymous Tip
(Note: Scorched Earth feels like a must if I'm going to try and tag a lot. That's a killshot card.)

Upgrade:
1 Experiential Data Core
1 Red Herring

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bobcatpoet wrote:

Thoughts?

SanSan City grid is the best NBN card. Add it!

You're really light on ice, especially considering that 2 of them are Cell Portal and will do nothing but send then back to the beginning of your short data fort. Tollbooth and Data Raven are you two best run stoppers, you should go to 3 of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
You could straight-up take out a single 2 or 1 point agenda card and have 49 cards... or you could add up to 4 more cards for free, and you're running with only 2 tollbooths, data ravens...

Cut cell portal. It's a good thought but very expensive for what it does. Maybe more barrier ICE to fill it out.

What I want to know about this deck is how do you expect to advance agendas while protecting your central servers?

You're going to have open servers, servers with ICE but only sentry... if a crash space by itself completely defeats your game plan, there's a problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Saldanha
Portugal
Loures
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NBN is a great Corp, don't get wrong with that!

Right now the best thing I see NBN do (as in my deck) is Agenda advancement.
Scorched Earth is a great card but needs to be in the Weyland corp along with SEA Source and other toys to be effective, or in a Jinteki damage deck.

In a pure NBN deck I would focus on two things:
-good ICE
-advancement tools

And a third one that is vital to every Android: Netrunner deck, credit income.

Spend your INF upgrading your ICE, take 3x Shipment from Kaguya and add more traps (Agressive Secretary is a great one to have in this kind of deck).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorched Earth is great because it makes the runner fear tags. Then, he must slow down to get rid of them. Every click the runner doesn't run is a happy click.

When I have a tag, I'm not thinking about closed accounts, I'm not thinking about psychographics, I'm thinking about Scorched Earth and Private Security Force. The 4 influence a single costs is well worth it to keep the fear of it in the runner.

I like the Kaguya idea. I like the trap idea. Those two work together really well - advance a trap, advance an agenda, you haven't treated them differently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sleaze
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Runenr does not know if you run a scorched or not. Why do you think he will fear it more if you have one then if you just pretend to have 3?

If you want NBN with Scorched do it right, put in 3 and try to win by this.

As for the Deck: Play with it... i think you will see very fast what the Problems are. One hint: you seem to not have any gameplan to win... at least the Deck does not focus on beeing good at anything but doing some funny stuff here and there... but does nothing right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bobcatpoet wrote:
I love NBN's style, but it's certainly not the strongest corp in the basic set. I want to try and make more money and maximize my tagging potential (and obviously take advantage of it), which is what I'm going for here.

Agendas:
2x Private Security Force
3x Priority Requisition
3x Breaking News
(Note: I really hate having three Requisitions, but I needed the points to make the deck legal. Suggestions on this welcome.)

-=-=-

Agenda:

x2 PSF (2) = 4
x3 PriReq (3) = 9
x3 B-News (1) = 3
x3 APP (2) = 6
----

This allows for a 54 card deck, of which you are only using 50 slots.

First recommendation, drop 1 card and swap in a PSF for a PriReq. You only have 2 8-cost ICE in the mix, so you're not saving that much money.

-=-=-

Funds:

3x PAD Campaign
1x Melange Mining Group
1x Shadow (kinda sorta)
3x Hedge Fund

A little light on incoming cash, have you considered:

++ Melange Mining
++ Beanstalk Royalties
++ Adonis Campaign
++ Akitaro Watanabe

-=-=-

Protection

You have 16 ICE, of which 11 (13 with Data Raven) have 'end the run' routines or effects.
The following ICE do NOT have 'end the run':

1x Shadow
2x Cell Portal
3x Hunter
1x Matrix Analyzer

That's just about 20-25% stopping power, which means the Runner is GOING to get in wherever they want, but with tags.

At the cost of 1 action post-run and 2 bits, they'll dump one tag. With Crash Space that's reduced to just an action. With high link (Kate and her Rabbits) you're actually paying in order to enact the trace. Cell Portal is an investment every time you run it and it fires. Anarchs will kill the ICE in front of a Cell Portal, leaving only a doorway to itself.

-=-=-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After the tournament you're going to tell me what's wrong with my deck, too, Byron.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
NBN (with it's one point agendas) should splash 1-2 copies of ARCHER. You spend 1 agenda point to basically shut the runner down for multiple turns and possibly (depending on their deck design) lock them totally out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bankler wrote:
NBN (with it's one point agendas) should splash 1-2 copies of ARCHER. You spend 1 agenda point to basically shut the runner down for multiple turns and possibly (depending on their deck design) lock them totally out.

But, if you're playing against NBN, you should already have your sentry breaker out and ready to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
Bankler wrote:

But, if you're playing against NBN, you should already have your sentry breaker out and ready to go.

Yes, but if you have a Ninja and no Personal Touch or no Ice Carver/Datasucker/Parasite, it costs you 10 to get through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
After the tournament you're going to tell me what's wrong with my deck, too, Byron.

If you post it, sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
Jythier wrote:

If you post it, sure.

I would post it now except for the rules, and my wanting to remain aloof and mysterious. Though I think I'm technically 'out of the running' at this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:
Jythier wrote:

If you post it, sure.

I would post it now except for the rules, and my wanting to remain aloof and mysterious. Though I think I'm technically 'out of the running' at this point.

If you're out after the swiss rounds, we can look then.

My NBN deck has lost once so far - and I know why (and knowing is half the battle).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
Jythier wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:
Jythier wrote:

If you post it, sure.

If you're out after the swiss rounds, we can look then.

My NBN deck has lost once so far - and I know why (and knowing is half the battle).

GI Joe!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:
GI Joe!
How it breaks down

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ryudoowaru wrote:
Jythier wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:
GI Joe!
How it breaks down

Now that really clears it up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
and suddenly I want to do a GI Joe/Cobra retheme of A:NR.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Drozek-Fitzwater
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback. This is my first attempt at deckbuilding, so I know I have some improvement to do.

So here's what I have now:

Agendas:
3x Priority Req
3x PSF
3x Breaking News

Asset:
1 Snare!
1 Aggressive Secretary
3x PAD Campaign
1 Melange Mining Corp
2x Ghost Branch

Ice:
2x Ice Wall
3x Wall of Static
3x Tollbooth
1 Matrix Analyzer
3x Hunter
3x Enigma
3x Data Raven

Operations:
2x Shipment From Kaguya
1 Scorched Earth
1 Archived Memories
2x SEA Source
2x Psychographics
3x Hedge Fund
2x Closed Accounts
2x Anonymous Tip

Upgrade:
1 Experiential Data
1 SanSan City Grid
1 Red Herring

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so what do you plan to do with this deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Drozek-Fitzwater
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh. I want to hit the runner with tags and hurt him/her with them. I want to use misdirection with the ambushes and traps to discourage runs on the remote servers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah D

Arlington
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You're all over the place with this deck. Like Jay said, you need to decide what you're trying to accomplish and then trim your deck down so it is focused on acomplishing that goal.

For Starters, I would make a 49 Card Deck with 20 or more ICE. You can deviate from this once you get a better handle on deckbuilding and build certain specialized decks in the future, but for now, starting with some solid parameters like that will guide you to a better deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing I do with my decks when I get close is to 'interview' each card for their slot on the 'team'.

"What is your purpose?"
- is this card a money generator? Defensive, Offensive, or Tricksy? Why is this card here? What role will it play?

"What are your salary requirements?"
- mostly to determine if my Corp will have the funding necessary to 'hire' this card. To many A-listers and you cannot afford the deck. Not enough A-listers and you're hanging out with Kathy Griffin.

"Who are your competitors?"
- who else is competing for this slot on the team? Why have I selected this candidate over another? Do I have room for both on the team?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Saldanha
Portugal
Loures
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my NBN deck right now.
It's solid enough to run with only 12 INF spent! whistle

Total Cards: (49)
Agenda (9)
Priority Requisition (Core #106) x3
Private Security Force (Core #107) x3
AstroScript Pilot Program (Core #81) x3

Asset (9)
PAD Campaign (Core #109) x3
Adonis Campaign (Core #56) x3
Ghost Branch (Core #87) x3

ICE (18)
Enigma (Core #111) x3
Wall of Static (Core #113) x3
Chum (Core #75) x3
Data Raven (Core #88) x3
Matrix Analyzer (Core #89) x3
Tollbooth (Core #90) x3

Operation (8)
Hedge Fund (Core #110) x3
Shipment from Kaguya (Core #100) x3
Psychographics (Core #85) x2

Upgrade (5)
Red Herrings (Core #91) x3
SanSan City Grid (Core #92) x2

As you see, there is a main purpose on this one, straight advance!
I have 18 ICE (but only 3 Barrier, got to think this one better) to protect Agendas, Chum is a great piece of ICE to go with others; Matrix Analyzer to speed up Agendas (should be your top ICE in a 3 ICE cascade); Data Raven should be over your Assets to assure the tag.

Protect Agendas with Red Herrings (great card!) and use Sansan for the Neutral ones.

The rest is pretty straight-forward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anonymous tip is terribad. Get rid of it ASAP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.