Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Jones
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking that AF has everything bar colony movement. The Seismic Detonator allows you to scatter colonies (to very game changing effect) but could another orbital station be useful.

COLONY SPACEFRAME
Roll 4 equal dice to move one of your colonies to a neighbouring region.

Maybe another caveat might be needed, such as you can only move cubes from an area you control (though this might be harsh). You may even use the SPACEFRAME to remove a colony (though why I'm not quite sure).

Any ideas??

CHRIS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs Smith
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
This is my chance to convey something meaningful! Darn. Wasted it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Goldenturkey wrote:
I was thinking that AF has everything bar colony movement.

I can't remember which one off the top of my head, but doesn't one of the original Alien Tech cards allow you to move colonies using a discard power?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Jones
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tegs wrote:
Goldenturkey wrote:

I can't remember which one off the top of my head, but doesn't one of the original Alien Tech cards allow you to move colonies using a discard power?

Yep, I looked again at the Tech Cards (we've played a couple of games) and there is Polarity Device and Orbital Teleporter, 4 cards total in the stack, 5 with Seiemic Detonator. Maybe we need to spend more effort cycling through the deck for these (a strategy we didn't do, but I feel is more of the game than we suspected).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
Goldenturkey wrote:
Tegs wrote:
Goldenturkey wrote:

Yep, I looked again at the Tech Cards (we've played a couple of games) and there is Polarity Device and Orbital Teleporter, 4 cards total in the stack, 5 with Seiemic Detonator. Maybe we need to spend more effort cycling through the deck for these (a strategy we didn't do, but I feel is more of the game than we suspected).

Uh, yeah. Tech-heavy (churning through the deck, utilising them a lot, especially the discard abilities, using them for free due to the Pohl Foothills) can be a very strong strategy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Jones
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JasonJ0 wrote:
Uh, yeah. Tech-heavy (churning through the deck, utilising them a lot, especially the discard abilities, using them for free due to the Pohl Foothills) can be a very strong strategy.

Playing again tonight, so shall try this tactic and see if it scratches the moving colony itch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forrest & Ryan Driskel
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is also a Faction with this ability in the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
Goldenturkey wrote:
JasonJ0 wrote:

Playing again tonight, so shall try this tactic and see if it scratches the moving colony itch!

Well then, the trick isn't so much obtaining and utilising the requisite tech, it is timing; moving colonies for the most effect. One of my favourite things to do when moving colonies around is to swap such that two other players lose points. Read the tech card carefully before the next game, and keep an eye out for opportunities. As your group has not heavily utilised tech so far, this should prove bother fairly easy and quite humourous
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.