Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't find this asked before...

"Place 8 [Credits] from the bank on Bank Job when it is installed. When there are no credits left on Bank Job, trash it.
Whenever you make a successful run on a remote server, instead of accessing cards you may take any number of credits from Bank Job."

Any number of credits, ok.
Why would I ever want to take less than all of them?

Like, if I was fearing a Closed Accounts, I'd most likely take them anyway since I would be tagged already, allowing the Corp to simply trash the Bank Job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Potentially you could have an Aesop's Pawn Shop, which will let you discard Bank Job for credits. If there's only one on it, but you can sell it for more, wouldn't that make sense?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j n
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DenGad wrote:

"Place 8 [Credits] from the bank on Bank Job when it is installed. When there are no credits left on Bank Job, trash it.
Whenever you make a successful run on a remote server, instead of accessing cards you may take any number of credits from Bank Job."

Like, if I was fearing a Closed Accounts, I'd most likely take them anyway since I would be tagged already, allowing the Corp to simply trash the Bank Job.

Vs closed accounts, you're better off if they have to take both actions instead of just one to shut you down.

More likely, you'll leave one credit on it so it can be trashed to Aesop's Pawn Shop later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kengi wrote:
Potentially you could have an Aesop's Pawn Shop, which will let you discard Bank Job for credits. If there's only one on it, but you can sell it for more, wouldn't that make sense?

Oh, perfectly so

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lactamaeon wrote:
DenGad wrote:

Vs closed accounts, you're better off if they have to take both actions instead of just one to shut you down.

More likely, you'll leave one credit on it so it can be trashed to Aesop's Pawn Shop later.

Hadn't considered that. We've only played with the starters so far, so Bank Job couldn't turn up in a game with Aesop's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah D

Arlington
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think for the most part you'll see people take either 8 credits (no Aesop) or 7 credits (Aesop) off of their bank job.

One interesting thing to consider though is that due to the wording of Bank Job he can be a bailout option. You don't have to declare that a run is a Bank Job in advance, just when the run is successful and you're about to access cards from a remote server, you can opt not to and take credits from Bank Job instead.

If you're making a run against a server and by their actions or body language, your opponent sets your ambush senses a-tingling, Bank Job gives you a graceful way to abort the run without wasting it, up to the very last instant. If it was serving you well in that capacity in a game, then leaving a few credits on it would allow you to keep that option available to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can jack out just before accessing cards if you wish anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Kamakaze wrote:

Right, but if the Corp player sees you jack out, they may see that their trap is seen ahead of time. If you take Bank Job instead, and manage to play it off as "This was my strategy," it could work really well for later turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kengi wrote:
Kamakaze wrote:

Right, but if the Corp player sees you jack out, they may see that their trap is seen ahead of time. If you take Bank Job instead, and manage to play it off as "This was my strategy," it could work really well for later turns.

Just when the Corp thought it had all the answers, the Runner changes the questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah D

Arlington
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Kamakaze wrote:

argus88 wrote:
Bank Job gives you a graceful way to abort the run without wasting it, up to the very last instant.

If you use Bank Job to "jack out" you get a credit from Desperado. In the future as their are more benefits to "successful runs" this distinction may become more important.

But Bank Job does actually allow you to abort at a later point than jacking out normally. Most notably, the two fall on opposite sides of the Corp's last chance to rez cards. That is, you must make the choice to jack out or access before they rez any final cards, but with Bank Job you decide to use it after.

If Ambushes still worked like the original game, that would make Bank Job the ultimate hard counter, essentially shutting them down completely. With the change allowing the ambushes to be used from an unrezzed state, this is not the case, but you can use it to burn an unthinking opponent who rezzes his Junebug.

Moreover, it is possible that what they do or don't rez might give you a clue as to whether you really want to access the server, or would rather take your money and leave.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bank Job also gives you a 'rebate' (of 7 or 8) credits after forcing the Corp to rez a ton of ICE. This lets you see what they do (or don't) have available, and may defund the Corp's ability to rez ICE on other servers that are the actual target.

Ooo Ooo, look over here, I'm robbing your Bank.

(Slams HQ)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
if you take say half of the money after running an unprotected server, the corp may start icing that server to prevent you from running again to get that other half

if you take all the money, the corp may think the threat has passed and won't bother icing that server.

so you can control the corp that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are really only three levels of funds taken from a Bank Job in the current Meta:

A) Zero - you access the actual contents instead.
B) Seven - with intent to sell the leftovers to Aesop for 3 Credits (yielding 10 from the entire Bank Job)
C) Eight - you either don't have an Aesop, or you need the extra bit NOW.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.