Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Dork
United States
Silver Spring
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was playing this weekend and the zombies got two upgrades and then a turn later used them together. Both were Secretly Bitten and immediately turned my lumberjack into a zombie. Neither card said you had to immediately use them.

There is nothing in the rulebook that says you can't do this but it just seems kind of off. Anyone else agree? Or is that just bad luck with the card deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonnie Hedqvist
Sweden
Ljusdal
Hälsingland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Game creator himself answered another question about this card, but I think it applies here as well.

jchill7 wrote:

I think you may have mis-read the text on Secretly Bitten. It says to 'Select a Random Hero'. You could not choose which Hero to play it on, it must be determined Randomly. The regular Zombie card Infected lets you play it on a Specific Hero, but only if you just beat them in a Fight.

Selecting a Random Hero is covered on p.16 of the Timber Peak Rulebook.

Hope that helps.

-Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt T
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
It sounds like you just had some bad luck. Assuming the zombie player chose a random hero for each card, that's perfectly legal. Since Secretly Bitten doesn't have to be used immediately, you can hold onto it for situations like this. Something I always do is wait for a character to get infected from a fight/zombie card combo, then play this card in hopes that it kills them. You'd be surprised how often 25% seems to happen, haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Dork
United States
Silver Spring
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daarkh wrote:
Game creator himself answered another question about this card, but I think it applies here as well.

jchill7 wrote:

I think you may have mis-read the text on Secretly Bitten. It says to 'Select a Random Hero'. You could not choose which Hero to play it on, it must be determined Randomly. The regular Zombie card Infected lets you play it on a Specific Hero, but only if you just beat them in a Fight.

Selecting a Random Hero is covered on p.16 of the Timber Peak Rulebook.

Hope that helps.

-Jason

cool thanks! I will definitely check this out. thanks!

I feel bad for not checking here sooner but they didn't choose a random hero. They kept the infected card until they got another one and immediately put them both on my guy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.