United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that I have a few games of this under my belt. I find it incredibly deep and interesting. There are lots of tactical decisions to make and the game just gets more and more interesting every time I play it. You really do need to plan 2 or 3 turns ahead to do well.

I played the pre-release playtesting a couple of times and thought it was good, but under whelming. The finished published game is WAY better. The game does take a while to play though, well over an hour per game against a formidable opponent.

Peace
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've run a three rounds tournament in two hours and a half yesterday, so roughly 50 minutes rounds (though we weren't timing them). We're all experienced players who have started playing around the release of the first two sets, though. In past weeks we had timed rounds at 50 minutes and would have roughly 90% of games going to time, but resolving to a proper win during the last turns of the tournament end of game procedure. I think a tournament being ran with 55 minutes rounds is plenty of time, and if you can afford 60 minutes rounds you should have very few games going to time (however, IMO 55 minutes + end of game procedure should roughly round to an hour and would make tournament organisation easier).

I will admit though that from my experiences in competitive Dreamblade and World of Warcraft tournaments that there is a culture of slowplay in the United States miniatures community, so maybe that would affect your own POV.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XDarkAngelX wrote:

I will admit though that from my experiences in competitive Dreamblade and World of Warcraft tournaments that there is a culture of slowplay in the United States miniatures community, so maybe that would affect your own POV.

Nope, unelss it is true that Alaska is not part of the US!

I am averaging 30-45 minutes play time for 2 player games and 60-75 minutes on 4 player games. We are admittedly extremely bloodthirsty though at times and don't hesitate too much when it comes to actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.