Stephen Dolan
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Not sure this is the right place but I will ask away anyway. I have been working on some simplistic strategic historical game designs. Point to point movement, small map, playable in a few hours. Think of Alex Kremer's/Mark Goss' attempt at the Civil War on one page but with more chrome, some additional complexity and better graphics. I have the French and Indian War about 90% finished and the Russo-Japanese War, The French in Mexico and the Herero Wars in various stages. Notes and ideas for similar wars in process. All have a base similar game engine but special rules and units for the historical period. All would need playtesting and perhaps some historical development. I don't know of any companies who are interested or if it better just to find one or more people to collaberate with. In it mostly for the fun, not the money. Any suggestions welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, what's the question, exactly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kling
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He is asking for suggestions on options to get those type of game designs to the finish line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip W.
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Euros are better with dice!
mbmbmbmbmb
Arnie wrote:
He is asking for suggestions on options to get those type of game designs to the finish line.

Assuming that 90% finished means thoroughly tested in the local group, it looks like public playtests, possibly at wargaming conventions, would be in order. Either that or blind playtests.

I'd also start building a fanbased through posting and discussions in the wargaming forums here, and start building contacts with publishers of similar games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Dolan
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the thoughts. I might post the artwork on BGG and ask for some playtesters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.