Kane Klenko
United States
Mount Horeb
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I don't know if this is even possible, but I've designed a Phineas and Ferb game that I'd like to have a publisher look at. I'm sure that I can't go directly to Disney for something for this, so I was trying to figure out who might hold the rights. It looks like Jakk did a few games in the past, but looking on their website I don't see that they have the rights anymore.

So, is there any shot of getting a publisher to look at this who might actually be able to do something with it, or will I just be spinning my wheels?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Disney's liscenced it out multiple times.

First step is probably finding out what that license costs. In those discussions, you'll probably learn a lot more about how to proceed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike
United States
columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Licensing of Disney products goes through http://www.disneyconsumerproducts.com/ that’s the best place to start your research.

You have to see which companies currently have licensed the rights to produce phineas and ferb games and what that particular license includes and if it is exclusive. Hasbro, Mattel or another toy company may already hold the right to produce games for a set period of time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Baser fact is. You cannot get any (non bootleg) publisher to touch the game without getting the license from Disney. No license, no publish.

And if you do publish without permissions then you are pretty much begging to get either hit with a C&D or outright sued.

Find out who is doing current games based on the cartoon and see if you can get one to pick up yours. Unlikely. But you never know till you try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Mount Horeb
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Omega2064 wrote:
Baser fact is. You cannot get any (non bootleg) publisher to touch the game without getting the license from Disney. No license, no publish.

And if you do publish without permissions then you are pretty much begging to get either hit with a C&D or outright sued.

Find out who is doing current games based on the cartoon and see if you can get one to pick up yours. Unlikely. But you never know till you try.

Exactly. Which is why I want to find out who has the rights to do something with it right now, if anyone. I sent an email to someone at the link Mike provided. We'll see if I hear back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Floyd Sherrod
United States
Sharpsburg
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Along these same lines, does anyone here have good contact information for Fox licensing, and more specifically The Simpsons? I've not had any luck finding an "in" on my own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike
United States
columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Twentieth Century
Fox Consumer Products
Company Information
2121 Avenue of the Stars, 4th Floor,
Los Angeles, CA 90067
Mail: P.O. Box 900,
Beverly Hills, CA 90213-0900
Web: www.foxshop.com
Phone: 310-369-2733

Description of Business
Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products:
A recognized industry leader, Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products licenses and markets properties worldwide on behalf of Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, Twentieth Television and Fox Broadcasting Company, as well as third party lines. The division is aligned with Twentieth Century Fox Television, one of the top suppliers of primetime entertainment programming to the broadcast networks.

In Operation Since: 1991 from Los Angeles

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Migas
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My boys love phineas and ferb. Are you still looking for playtesters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely work on plan A but...

I'd also think towards plan B. Can you re-theme in a way that doesn't detract from the design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.