Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How are VPs compared at the end of the game with Drakeclan Cutters in play?

In a normal game, they count as 1 VP penalty in your (or someone's) deck after you kill them, so I imagine they count the same way if you kill them in a solo game. But what if the Cutter emerges from the dungeon and attacks the town (i.e. gets put in the monster score pile)? Do they count as -1 VP for the monsters at the end of the game?

I tried Tod C.'s really nice FAQ but didn't see this addressed there. Sorry if this was already answered somewhere else and I missed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This may be completely off from the way the designers will tell you to do it but I think it should go into the opposite pile of where it normally would, as if you were playing a multi-player game.

The card normally let's you place it in someone else's pile in order to make them lose points. So in a solo game, if you beat it, you should be able to put it in the monster score pile to make them lose the points. If the monster escapes and attacks the village, then the 'AI' would want it in your pile to make you lose points (and still clog up your deck).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Hunt
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I play it is that if I defeat the card, then I get to choose which pile it goes into, just as if I was playing with live players. The monster deck gets the negative VP. The converse is also true, however. If it breaches, then the card goes into my pile. Of course your milage may vary and I can't remember if this is addressed in any of the FAQ's but since this is a solo game, who is going to complain how you choose to resolve this card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Emch
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
I AM PLING!!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can always use the REST action to destroy the negative VP cards from your deck, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes; the primary reason for resting is to get rid of bad or useless cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave E

Florida
msg tools
mb
I agree with the "if you beat it you can put it in their pile" rule... the way I play it solo isn't to put it in my pile if it escapes, but instead to put it in a separate one off pile that I then subtract from my total at the end of the game. This still allows there to be a one point difference in final scores, and it doesn't go to my deck giving me the ability to destroy it later, or even use its gold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.