Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew S. Fischer
United States
Devon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Is that right?

(The rules says broken squads can't fire, but the example illustration shows a broken squad firing with a leader in its hex.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'├ętat, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules in front of me, but I do know broken squads can't fire weapons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
asfhgwt wrote:
(The rules says broken squads can't fire....

The rules don't say this. They do say that a broken unit can't fire *a weapon* (rule 3.2.3).

Since broken units generally have a range of 1, they can indeed fire at an adjacent enemy unit (possibly further if aided by a friendly leader stacked with them -- rule 3.3.1.2).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Garramone
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember this time when one of my broken elite squads with a +2 leader managed to break 2 out of 3 of my opponents Moving units with OP Fire. He thought it was good odds since my unit couldn't operate its' support weapon. Yeah, he wasn't amused.angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew S. Fischer
United States
Devon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Chad Jensen wrote:
asfhgwt wrote:
(The rules says broken squads can't fire....

The rules don't say this. They do say that a broken unit can't fire *a weapon* (rule 3.2.3).

Since broken units generally have a range of 1, they can indeed fire at an adjacent enemy unit (possibly further if aided by a friendly leader stacked with them -- rule 3.3.1.2).

Yep, you're correct. I'm still in rules absorption mode. Thx.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
You're welcome, Andrew. Enjoy the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.