Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Harper Hobbs
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey everyone...or not very many of you. This game need some recognition. Its the most fun game I have ever played. Can make it a beer and pretzels filler or can scale to a massive invasion beautifully. On to the questions...

Whats the point of hidden damage? Has anyone found that showing damage and special damage affects gameplay?

Has anyone found that using damage tokens here AND damage cards from the Nexus version affect balance / smoothness of game / etc? I only ask because I LOVE the token damage and can't see myself enjoying the cards.

Altitude markers don't stay well in my bases, or the planes. Has anyone glued 1 altitude peg to the plane or base, or can you give me a better idea.

Are those guns on the front of the wings or what?? They aren't evenly placed or even the same amount on either side, so I wasn't sure if they were pieces of plastic that secures it in the packaging or if those where guns.

First plane expansions are bombers?? When are the next sets of standard planes expected??

I am currently playing with Special Damage, and A damage for going into and/or out of a turn without playing a fast straight and showing all damage. We tried altitude but it seemed a little above us at this point in time. Is there anything you suggest we add or remove rule wise (outside of altitude) that adds to gameplay.

Thanks all,
-B

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
A few more notes:
- cards are used in WW1 version (both old and new), tokens in WW2
- the tube coming out of the wing normally is a Pitot tube, used to measure the speed of the airplane
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harper Hobbs
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. As it looks like nobody has the old Wings of War Deluxe set for trade does anyone know when those planes are scheduled for a reprint.

I only ask because I find it odd that we would be receiving a new rules and accessory pack (scheduled 2013) before getting any new planes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You can still easily find on the market (often at low prices) Wings of War airplanes of the first 2 series - including important planes like the Spitfire Mk.I/II, Me.109, Zero, Hurricane, Stuka...

You can combine these Wings of War models with your Wings of Glory airplanes.

Ares is not reprinting yet these models because they are very easy to find around, and we've to take this element in consideration. I expect they will be reprinted later in 2013, though.

So you'have already 14 models (in 40 versions) combining "old" and "new" airplanes.
Very soon, there will be 4 more (in 12 more versions).

Ares is going to release shortly (most likely in January) a group of new airplanes, including the Gloster Gladiator, Fiat CR42, Me.110 and Beaufighter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.