Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Warren Smith
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
[Even] in their poverty, they referred to their garden of necessity as if it were a hobby.
mbmbmbmbmb
1.) "If several barges sell at a city or a small scale industry, earlier arriving barges are farther downriver." Does this mean that two barges cannot occupy the same space? If I travel to an occupied space then the barge that was there ahead of me is bumped one space downriver?

2.) "For any extra number of pips of the die, he receives that many Thalers out of the pool." and "If a player already has received all development tokens in one area (small scale industry, city, Ruhrort, for black and white coal dice), he gets the full value of the coal die paid in Thalers when selling next. I'm not sure how to calculate the sale price of coal. Is not simply that players get Thalers equal to the number of pips on the die? of course, the die is turned when crossing an obstacle and should show the correct # of pips when it reaches its destination, right?

3.) "In each turn the first player to reach port Ruhrort places his barge at space “1” (the last position of the port!)." I'm sure it's in the rule book somewhere, but I'll ask anyway - What impact does a player's position at Ruhrort have? Is it only to determine turn order?

4.) When coal is returned to the transport track after a sale, do the pips remain unchanged?

Despite the difficulties with the rule book, I am still happy to be kickstarting this project. It's not like a scenerio/adventure/war game where poorly written rules can lead to an infinite # of unanswered corner cases. I think that with Ruhrschifffart, the game should be fairly straightforward after the key questions get asked.

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Popow
Poland
Gdynia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. No. It means that two or three barges can be at the same space, but the one that came first is considered to be more downriver than the one that came later. You need to properly place them to remember the order of arrival.

2. Based on examples I understood that you initially receive money = number of pips minus 1. Only after you max out the given area, you will get money = number of pips. Like I said though, I inferred that based on graphic examples.

3. Didn't it have impact on exporting order? I'm not sure though and I'm too lazy to actually check now.

4. Definitely yes. From what I understood they only change when going through obstacles (once in a turn).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas spitzer
Germany
Dortmund
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
3.) The position in Ruhrort has the same effect as the position on the River - The 4 Spaces show the order of play for the next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas spitzer
Germany
Dortmund
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bart!
1.) right
2.) right
3.) right
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.