Subject: Custom Cars for the game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Ling

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These are ready to print out.

Which would you prefer (before I upload everything I have been working on)

Circles to indicate how many survivors can be in the car(like the game cars), or no circles?

Let me know which you prefer. Also, if you want the circles, but a little more subdues and not as obtrusive, let me know that too. Once I get some response, I'll upload them all...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John T
United States
Phoenix
Oregon
flag msg tools
I like the circles, personally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sagritalo
United States
Round Lake Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Circles

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be cool to create an armored car, that prevents zombie attacks. It would need some extra mehcanics to keep it from being too overpowered. For starters it would only move 1 zone per action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More subdued circles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Jørgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Cirrcles.. A convertible or any kind of two seater would be need too. But anyway good work.. Very nicely done!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ling

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
circles it is. I'll just subdue them a bit so they are not too glaring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Soft darker spots instead of circles? Keeping the original outline..?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ling

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are my cars. Each car is it's own "tile" and can be used in place of the cop and pimp mobile for cars you can use in-game. Note the circles on each car, this indicates how many people can get into the car. There is a Mini Cooper* that has 3 spots, and a Fiat 500* and a Smart Car* that have only 2 spots. The Station Wagon has 6 spots. be on the lookout for the trucks coming soon!

Here is the link to the ZIP file.

https://www.box.com/s/ymbrmcp72d0e824opc0j

*The Mini, Smart and Fiat are exclusive to Board Game Geek posters!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ling

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI: these cars are NOT all 2x4. they vary in size, so they should print as expected. I think the smart car is 2.5 x 1 inch when printed...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you make them all the same width and without overlapping circles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Jørgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Very nice job thanks.. These will come in handy... Much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Libby
United States
Middletown
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice work. You might also think about making damaged looking cars or maybe some wrecks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ling

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Allan, thanks!

G. Libby, I have some wrecks, but since those would not be drivable, they would be map objects only.

Scott, making them all the same size, defeats the purpose of having different cars. Differnt cars take up differnt space. some of them have overlapping circles because of the size of the car itself. Consider those to be "tight fit" type cars. If everyone wants to have the cars be the same sided tiles, then I will go back and redo them.

Wait till you see the truck tiles. Some of those will be huge, spanning multiple zones, depending on the size of them. Spoiler alert: I've got a garbage truck in the works, and even a "Winnebego"....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lingster wrote:
Scott, making them all the same size, defeats the purpose of having different cars. Differnt cars take up differnt space. some of them have overlapping circles because of the size of the car itself. Consider those to be "tight fit" type cars. If everyone wants to have the cars be the same sided tiles, then I will go back and redo them.

I probably should have clarified what I meant - and that is to make the width of the tiles the same by adding more tarmac around the sides of the smaller cars such that you don't have to overlap the circles.

I totally get that the different cars are different sizes, but you've got that covered by the differing numbers of circles.

The problem I see is that if the circles overlap, you can't stand a figure on each circle.

So you'd have to not put the figures on the circles, which makes the circles pointless.

It's a simple fix that will make the smaller cars significantly more usable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ling

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gotcha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Leaman
United States
Brunswick
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?
badge
Baah!
mbmbmbmbmb
Great job! Also, an ambulance would be really handy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mleaman wrote:
Great job! Also, an ambulance would be really handy!

Or, maybe a Bradley Fighting Vehicle. devil zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Rael
United States
Brunswick
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
badge
We see our role as essentially defensive in nature.
mbmbmbmbmb
how about motorcycles (can hold two, but perhaps without gear?), which might move an extra space, but are perhaps open to a zombie attack before they can move?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ling

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't worry, and ambulance, Hostess Truck, and motorcycles are on my list to do... even a tank!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ling

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've updated the cars that had overlapping circles. I've also fixed the zip file as well.

If you've already downloaded the zip file, you won't need to again, as they are now here:

https://www.box.com/s/bozlgv667uu8vciwpfxl

I'll be back later with the trucks, and other cool vehicle tiles I've got... then it's on to the board tiles....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ling

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW, I'm working on a full compliment of Walking Dead vehicles.

These include:

Dale's Winnebego
Shane's Hyundai
Daryl's Triumph Chopper
Army Tank seen in Ep1

There are no other vehicles planned for that series.

Coming soon are the truck pack and the motorcycle pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave saunders
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
is there a trick to downloading these? when i try to download it says that we can't preview a zip file. Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Livett
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
razor757 wrote:
is there a trick to downloading these? when i try to download it says that we can't preview a zip file. Any suggestions?

I am having the same issue...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Lodge
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out my car mod rules... Anyone... Go On!!! These extra cars are perfect for it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzUqoUE_JiOuLVJBWHVlMjIxMn...

Advanced Car Rules
Movement: Up to 2 zones for 1 Action, in 1 Direction. A new direction requires a fresh Action.
Driver Skill: PowerSlide: Movement zone limit not locked to 1 direction.
Seating: Entering, Leaving, Moving Seat, 1 Action each. A driver must move to an empty seat or vacate the car before another can move to drive it.
Searched: Inside, outside, items can be stored or retrieved, 1 Action.
Melee, ranged attacks and door opening from inside.

Car Attack/Mow Down: Roll to hit for all in Zone not in a car. Roll for matching Actor types individually. If using multiple coloured dice assign colour and roll all at once. 4+ to hit... Normal Cars: 1 damage. Armoured: 2 damage. Check table for extra results.

1/Zombie Head + any Doubles = Crash.
1/Z Head + Doubles that Miss is seen as a Wall/Curb Crash.
1/Z Head + Doubles that Hit is seen as a Zombie Crash.
Kills still count. 3+ Zombies in a zone is now a threat!

Car is Stopped by a roll of…
1/Z Head matched with a hit
Hit Fatties not killed
Abomination = Crash
Hit Car = Crash

Dive past all missed. If Stopped use a fresh Action to try again or reverse, reroll for all missed. Try not to get stuck between 2 Fatties in 1 zone. Remember, you want to miss Fatties, unless dealing 2 damage.

Crash: Roll at the same time to hit each survivor in car,
5+: Wound, 1/Z Head: Car is Wrecked.

Cars are safe zones from Crawlers, Walkers, Runners and Toxic Spray. They absorbs the first wound from a Fatty or Abomination, that turn, and become Smashed.

A Wrecked car can't be drove but is still a Safe Zone until Smashed. A Smashed car can be drove but is no longer a Safe Zone.

A simpler mechanic: Roll all at once and freely assign all dice, misses to fatties, hits to zombies. Increase the car stopped mechanic to 1/Z Head matched with 2 hits.

Edit: The latest version in the link will be added soon, few changes not included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.