Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Rollings
United Kingdom
Peterborough
Cambs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In Mu, if trumps are red and green say, and someone leads with a red, can you play green even if you have reds? I guess I mean do green and red become one suit? And if there is a tie for highest card played to the trick, say a red 7 and a green 7, does the one played first get the trick or the one in the chief's trump suit?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
They are all one suit. You must follow any card of the green-or-red suit with any card of the green-or-red suit, if possible (so yes, you can folow a red lead with a green card whether you have a red card or not... and in fact, if the lead is red, and you have no red cards but one green card, you must play the green card. And vice versa, if green is led, if you have any green or red cards you must play one)

If two colours are the two trumps, one is higher than the other (oone was the Chief's trump, one was the Vice's). So if Red is the Chief's trump suit, the Red 7 is valued higher than the Green 7... even the red 0 is higher than the green 9 in that case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
upandawaygames.com
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
They become one suit, but in order. The lowest card of the major trump suit (the chief's choice) beats the highest card in the minor (vice's) trump suit. This still permits a tie, however, as for example two different people could play, say, a red 7 as there are two in the deck. In this case the first one down wins.

Enjoy your Muing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rollings
United Kingdom
Peterborough
Cambs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, we played last night and it was really good fun. I lost by miles though.

One two more questions.....

If red and 7s are trumps, someone leads with a green, the only green you have is a 7, do you have to play it.

If red and 7s are trumps, someone leads with a green, you have a green 6 and 7, do you have to play the 6 or can you play the 7?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zamborsky
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Ah, Denny, I've hardly seen you this episode."
mbmbmbmbmb
markrollings wrote:
Thanks, we played last night and it was really good fun. I lost by miles though.

One two more questions.....

If red and 7s are trumps, someone leads with a green, the only green you have is a 7, do you have to play it.

If red and 7s are trumps, someone leads with a green, you have a green 6 and 7, do you have to play the 6 or can you play the 7?

To your first: Your green 7 is a trump, not a green any more. Since you have no green, you can play whatever you'd like.

To your second: Since the only green in your hand is the 6 (the 7 is trump now, not green) you must follow suit by playing the 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rollings
United Kingdom
Peterborough
Cambs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers for that. That's what I thought. Just a shadow of a doubt though!

cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.