Subject: Comparative trading values: A&A Miniatures rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Li'l Ronnie Post
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Has anyone observed any general rules of thumb for trading individual A&A minis?
(e.g. - a Rare is worth roughly X Uncommons and Y Commons, etc)
Does it seem to you that some Rares are more "rare" (or valuable) than others?

Still wondering about just how random the distribution really is. Getting multiples of the same Rares in sequential boxes more than a couple of times in a row does seem kinda' unlikely, but certainly not out of the question (if I weren't at work, I might try calculating the odds! )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Alban
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
some stores are selling individual minis - I think you could get a pretty good idea of the value by looking at them and checking out the closing prices on ebay. but some rare minis are definitely worth much more than others - the Tiger tank, for instance, is worth quite a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thee Insidius Doktor Glaze & His Sidekick Donut Boy with the Amazing Monkeytime Dancers Ooh!
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I_have_heard_the_mermaids_singing,_each_to_each. I_do_not_think_that_they_will_sing_to_me... We_have_lingered_in_the_chambers_of_the_sea By_sea_girls_wreathed_with_seaweed_red_and_brown Till_human_voices_wake_us,_and_we_drown
mbmbmbmbmb

On a similar note, I have recently been trading away games for Netrunner CCG cards. It's entirely an exercise in horse trading. Is a really useful A&A "uncommon" miniature with good stats worth a "rare" that is ineffective on the table? How much are X old Netrunner cards worth? What if they are ones I know are not dupes of rares I already have? Is it worth trading an old OOP "real" game for a dead CCG? Horse trading at its finest.

For what it's worth, I try to make estimates by converting both sides of the equation into cash and comparing... if they are even close I call it worthwhile if you use the game more than the other guy did, and vice versa!

Good luck and happy trading...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
I for one could care less about the dollar value of the rares and base trades more on points or what I need for a scenario. I've seen the Tiger go for as high as $30 on ebay and one online store sells it for $20. I traded one for a Crusader and a Sig 33 because I wanted extras of those. From a point value perspective, those two are probably less than half that of the Tiger but getting two Rares I want for one is pretty good.

I've also traded a Hellcat for about 5 uncommons and 10 commons (Garands and Askari). I don't need an extra Hellcat but wanted more Japanese and US troops for the Pacific scenarios. I guess it's all in what someone wants and is willing to accept in trade.

I still have one more Tiger and Hellcat to trade but I want and Easy 8 or an IS-2 from the upcoming set.

My question is how many of a given unit is good for building an army or platoon. I'm thinking 2-3 Tigers/Panthers for a squad and maybe 4 units for the Shermans and PzIV's. Again, I guess it will depend on what scenario I'm trying to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Li'l Ronnie Post
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Walt Mulder wrote:
I for one could care less about the dollar value of the rares and base trades more on points or what I need for a scenario. I've seen the Tiger go for as high as $30 on ebay and one online store sells it for $20. I traded one for a Crusader and a Sig 33 because I wanted extras of those. From a point value perspective, those two are probably less than half that of the Tiger but getting two Rares I want for one is pretty good.

I've also traded a Hellcat for about 5 uncommons and 10 commons (Garands and Askari). I don't need an extra Hellcat but wanted more Japanese and US troops for the Pacific scenarios. I guess it's all in what someone wants and is willing to accept in trade.

Spot on (trust Walt to cut to the chase).

I asked the question to try to get a background on figuring out some equitable trade propositions - what reasonable options might be. I got lucky in my starter and the few boosters I bought. Of course, it might have been luckier had I gotten a wider variety of Rares and not need to trade.. (and it'd have been pleasant to not quadruples of one particular common in a single booster..)

I guess the idea of comparing the going rates on Ebay is the most objective idea, but as Walt points out, that's not always the best metric.

Ah well.. anyone looking for a Tiger, a sIG or two, or possibly a Kfz 251? Any Royal Engineers (sheesh, I've got what looks like frat party going, with all the guys holding cans of lager!). My Allied forces are pitifully understrength (about 50% of the Axis), with only a Sherman, a Stuart and an Humber to go up against Panzers, Tigers and Jagdpanthers.. they could use some help! gulp
(I also have no Japanese - apart from a lonely Imperial Sergeant - and no Soviets at all)

- a collector only insofar as it facilitates being a player

PS - I take it the 100pt limitation is being commonly expanded?

PSS -
Quote:
I've also traded a Hellcat for about 5 uncommons and 10 commons (Garands and Askari)

I bet those poor Askaris are wondering how the devil they got from their quiet little Nile-side village and onto a WWII battleground ("damn those geographically-challenged game companies!")

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sadler
United States
Olney
Maryland
flag msg tools
From the Halls of Montezuma...
badge
...to the Shores of Tripoli...
mbmbmbmbmb
For $30 go and buy 3 tigers from the Flames of War line!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.