United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
Chance favors the prepared mind.
badge
Mundus vult decipi
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got an email within regards to the game. Looks like there will be a delay of about a few weeks before this one makes it out to people who pre-ordered. Just a heads up.

Here's the email.

Dear customer,

Each year, the sad news of previously announced board games that finally won’t make it to the yearly Spiel fair in Essen, Germany, pop up. This year, disaster unfortunately strikes for us. We're very sad to have to inform you that off our previously announced eight brand new Spiel releases, for yet unknown reasons, one game didn’t catch the flight from the factory to Europe: Nieuw Amsterdam, by board game designer Jeffrey D. Allers. Although a copy of the game will be available at Spiel to be played, the rest of our stock is still for unknown and unforeseen reasons at the factory.

Of course, we're very, very sorry to you, the people who have pre-ordered the game. It’s always sad when you have to disappoint people who have truly been looking forward to getting their hands on a copy of this great design by Jeffrey. Especially when they’ve already given you their trust by putting their hard-earned cash in it. Unfortunately we can't do a single thing to get the games here on time, otherwise we of course would have already done it.

Now here's what to do now:

1. People who pre-ordered the game for pick up from Spiel 2012 or for shipment to their home addresses, will all find the game in their mailbox as soon as possible. However, this might take a few weeks, so we unfortunately have to rely on your patience.

2. If you also included one or more of the other seven brand new releases – Expedition: Congo River 1884, Pyramidion, Rattus Cartus, Revolver 2, Saqqara, Vampire Empire and/or Völuspá – and chose for the 'pick up at Spiel 2012' option, please still collect the rest of your games at Spiel 2012, booth 5-01. We will ship Nieuw Amsterdam to you as soon as it is in stock.

3. If you also included one or more of the other seven brand new releases – Expedition: Congo River 1884, Pyramidion, Rattus Cartus, Revolver 2, Saqqara, Vampire Empire and/or Völuspá – and chose for the 'ship to my home address' option, you will find the rest of your pre-order already shipped to your home address, with Nieuw Amsterdam following soon afterwards: it will be shipped to you as soon as it is in stock.

Again, we're very sorry for any inconvenience and thank you very much for your patience and your trust in Jeffrey's fantastic design as well as in us. We're doing the best we can to get the game on your playing table as soon as possible and will keep you informed about any new developments in the process to get the games where they belong.

Kind regards,
White Goblin Games

Bart Nijssen

I'm not too worried about it for myself and understand the situation but for people attending Essen and wanting to get this... well they might have to wait a little while longer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trab
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting this, Timothy! Was just about to post the official press release. It can be found here: http://www.whitegoblingames.com/news

Yes, this great design from Jeffrey can be played at Spiel 2012 (booth 5-01), as we will have a pre production sample with us. However, there won't be any stock, unfortunately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Sagel
Netherlands
Groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bart: since the mentioned delay is "a few weeks", does that mean the game also won't be available for purchase at Spellenspektakel in Eindhoven?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Lashley
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
Chance favors the prepared mind.
badge
Mundus vult decipi
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for letting us know Bart!

Delays happen... so I understand. I just can't wait to get my copy and give a go at this beautifully designed game.

Just let me know when you will get some more Inca Empire Bonus cards in!whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trab
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mac_s_1 wrote:
Bart: since the mentioned delay is "a few weeks", does that mean the game also won't be available for purchase at Spellenspektakel in Eindhoven?

We're trying to find out how long the delay will be. More details soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Soller
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent...another game off the Essen shopping list...I needed to cut this list anyway so no harm done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that kills my number one game to play at BGG.con. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Allers
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Steve, for the compliment. Yes, it's a bit sad after all the work we've put into it.

I appreciate all the support and interest for the game, and hope that it is worth the wait for everyone who finally gets a copy in their hands to play!

And I'll still be happy to demo the game in Essen for those who are interested in trying it before they order it.

Cheers,
Jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK it was bad news that the Nieuw Amsterdam games missed the flight to Essen, but the good news was that they were all finished and boxed and ready to fly, they just missed check in. So allowing two weeks for the dust to settle after Essen, I'm thinking that the poor office junior should now be packing the games for the pre-orderers and sticking the stamps on about now. Can anyone give an update on when it should be arriving?

Also just a polite request. When this happened for Upon a Salty Ocean last year, when it was posted to me it was only in a jiffy bag and one corner was crushed to nothing. Can I ask that when shipped the game is in a secure packing box to keep it safe?

Many thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:
OK it was bad news that the Nieuw Amsterdam games missed the flight to Essen, but the good news was that they were all finished and boxed and ready to fly, they just missed check in. So allowing two weeks for the dust to settle after Essen, I'm thinking that the poor office junior should now be packing the games for the pre-orderers and sticking the stamps on about now. Can anyone give an update on when it should be arriving?

Arriving, no, but I received a shipping notice today so I guess my Essen preorder (including this game and a couple of others) just left :)

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you pre-order with the intention for them to be posted or did you originally plan to collect at Essen? Its a long way from Oz so I'm guessing the former.

I'm now in two minds as to whether that means my Nieuw Amersterdam is on its way or not. I guess that should be promising news even if I've not heard anything yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:
Did you pre-order with the intention for them to be posted or did you originally plan to collect at Essen? Its a long way from Oz so I'm guessing the former.

The former. I couldn't arrange to be there this year, but for multiple games like this, I'll tend to preorder them shipped anyway, simply so I can save luggage space for things I couldn't predict or preorder.
Quote:

I'm now in two minds as to whether that means my Nieuw Amersterdam is on its way or not. I guess that should be promising news even if I've not heard anything yet.

Well, it means they have some and are starting to ship it out. In terms of orders and suchlike, perhaps couldn't-get-it-at-Essen folks aren't getting shipping notices because shipping wasn't expected to be part of your deal.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe if we keep chatting like this Bart will notice and give us an official answerwhistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trab
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:
Maybe if we keep chatting like this Bart will notice and give us an official answer:whistle:

OUT-OF-OFFICE REPLY

Hello,

Currently, I'm not in the office, for reasons you can only guess :D ;) I will answer as soon as I'm back. Your message will not be forwarded.

:) :D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game received today and packed in a nice box so all in perfect condition. The big bag of wooden bits is overwhelming. Looking forward to play #1.

Thanks Bart
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly, the box the arrived today (and was shipped last week) did not contain this game, only the others I had ordered :(

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
So should I have gotten my preorder by now? December and it's showing up in online stores, but no sign of mine in Malta

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My preorder showed up about 5 days after the rest of the stuff I preordered, I forgot to update this thread because noone was posting to it :)

I'd suggest if you're still waiting, pinging WGG.

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
AAAARGH!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.