Popular Tags: [View All]
Maik Gödecke
Germany
Braunschweig
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello everyone,

I have a problem in understanding the effect on cards like "Rebel Miners", "Volcanic World" or "Artist Colony" for example.
The effect on them will let you put a good on the card itself
(if it is empty) if someone chose the "production phase".

But in my understanding this is completely useless, because you could place a good on the production world, such as the "Rebel Miners", because of the chosen "production phase". In this way the "Rebel Miners" would gain a good, but every world can only obtain exactly one good. So the power on the "Rebel Miners", which are triggered because of the chosen phase, could not be used. The reason is that there is already a good from the phase.

In short I do not understand why a "produce a good" power exists, which is triggered in the "production phase" - the phase where you produce a good on every production world.

Could someone please help me to understand this issue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Runkle
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All cards are defined by their power(s). The power is listed for internal consistency's sake - as in, it wouldn't make sense to have some cards list their powers and other (like production worlds) not. This makes it much easier to just look at the power(s) listed on the card and not have to memorize specific keywords.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrmikkl wrote:
Hello everyone,

I have a problem in understanding the effect on cards like "Rebel Miners", "Volcanic World" or "Artist Colony" for example.
The effect on them will let you put a good on the card itself
(if it is empty) if someone chose the "production phase".

But in my understanding this is completely useless, because you could place a good on the production world, such as the "Rebel Miners", because of the chosen "production phase". In this way the "Rebel Miners" would gain a good, but every world can only obtain exactly one good. So the power on the "Rebel Miners", which are triggered because of the chosen phase, could not be used. The reason is that there is already a good from the phase.

In short I do not understand why a "produce a good" power exists, which is triggered in the "production phase" - the phase where you produce a good on every production world.

In truth, you could just look at the brown filling inside the circle and know it's a production world. There doesn't need to be that power on the 'V' row, but it is there for consistency. Also, there's a first goal in exp #1 which is affected by that decision.

Overall, the established paradigm makes sense....

You see this, and when it comes time to produce, you know it gets a good. Of course, you need to remember the rule that each world can only contain one good.

... On its own doesn't do anything. If someone else called V, since it's a windfall world, nothing happens

However, if you also had Terraforming Guild or called V, the V spot has stuff on there... namely, V bonus on TG or the V action card, is what you'd look for. You look for that and know that you there's bookkeeping needed for your V phase (to see if you have any windfall worlds that can produce... in this case, Smuggling Lair

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
Because Ameritrash drips with theme...
badge
Yep, that's my avatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
mrmikkl wrote:

In short: The card mentions the production ability twice, one on the symbol at the top, once next to the production phase number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maik Gödecke
Germany
Braunschweig
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks to all the helpers. It seems, I was thinking in a wrong direction. I just had one game and I was confused about what I described. Especially since there were worlds without the production power - the grey ones. But now I know that they are not supposed to produce anything.

Things just make so much sense now.

In short , the power in the corresponding line shows the production of a good and not just the fact that a world is a production world (color inside the circle)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
mrmikkl wrote:
In short , the power in the corresponding line shows the production of a good and not the fact a world is a production world.

They are one and the same. Grey worlds are not "production worlds".

If the card has a colored-in non-grey circle, it is a production world.

If the card has the card icon in the V row, it is a production world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.